• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your HEMTT/PLS/MK48 this week

ZZ4x4

Picked up an M977 a few months back. Got a new cab installed a couple weeks back with sliding MK48 hatch. Now working on the minigun and CROWS weapon station for the roof.

Attachments

DrillerSurplus

Picked up an M977 a few months back. Got a new cab installed a couple weeks back with sliding MK48 hatch. Now working on the minigun and CROWS weapon station for the roof.
Looks great! Did you adapt a cab for the MK48 or did you use a HEMTT cab?

I have a new MK48 hatch I want to install, but am missing the rails, maybe I can get some measurements

toudi

What kind of options do i have with Hemtt hatch ?
Soft one is leaking ,can i buy hard one (metal ) ? or do I need to fabricate one by myself .
thanks

Coffey1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Someone is making them either I seen it on here or Facebook
I'll see if I can find it again.

Coffey1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Update:
Shipper was going to pick up my truck last Wednesday but GP
Said no. So he is picking up this Wednesday I should have my truck Friday.
Can not complain since they dropped euc and don't have a 6 months wait.
I would like to thank Jwade for all his help checking the status of it for me.
Soon the new adventure starts can't wait to get her and start fixing her up.

Swamp Donkey

The Engineer
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Also I got a great shipper 2275.00 from Fort Hood to Gray court SC.
His name is Price Walker 214-551-2713
I would've drove...er...hauled it for free. I got a towbar but I think The Swamp Donkey would've been the dingy tagging along out back, lol.

Hope it works out for ya this time.

DrillerSurplus

Update: .
Can not complain since they dropped euc and don't have a 6 months wait.
I would like to thank Jwade for all his help checking the status of it for me.
Soon the new adventure starts can't wait to get her and start fixing her up.

I'd also like to thank Jwade for his efforts in addressing the various issues as GP has ramped up. I called GP customer service a couple of times this past week. The wait time wasn't bad and the customer service reps I spoke with were pleasant and seemed to know their stuff. Quite an improvement from a few months ago.

Has anyone heard the story on why GP/DRMO added, then dropped the EUC requirement on a bunch of items? In early March, all of a sudden I started getting emails on half dozen purchases that didn't require the EUC at the time of the sale saying I needed to "complete EUC before removal of item" because the demil code had changed. All but one were already picked up, so I wasn't too worried. Then over the past week end, they all disappeared off my GP EUC status list with no explanation. Does anyone know the story?

Coffey1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Maybe they were so far behind they said screw it drop the EUC on a bunch of crap so they could catch up without hiring a army to get rid of a army lol

Coffey1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Got air ride seats installed
Got bad hoses off crane to replace Monday
A bunch of screws replaced that were gone inside cab.
Changed bad tire.
Fixed sound deading that was falling down.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks