• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your HEMTT/PLS/MK48 this week

Gunzy

Got the front crankshaft seal changed. Wasn't too bad other than having a wrecker come use the crane to lift the front of the 8V92 an inch to remove the front engine mount and hold it while I had the front cover off to change the seal. And then last Saturday I took it to the truck pulls. Got 281ft 2in which wasn't bat considering most of the competitors were doing 250-275ft. Here is a video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2z7wmIfg7k

HASSON1911

Big shout out to Ken (aka coffey1) for getting me measurements, got the hemtt grill getting cut out this week.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Elideclan2

I second that! His posts have been a great resource for sure. I have also talked to him twice about radiator issues. He is what is great about this fourm.
Greg.

HASSON1911

Same with mine! I hope that picture can make its way towards hemtt Forum (hopeful for a dedicated slot) or an appropriate spot, I know many were sold with no grills and even more so with the influx of M939 trucks being converted to hemtt cab.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

dk8019

Operator exits HEMTT at 2:30, ducks into small shack, appears to clear the shack, then signals move... Waiting... Waiting... Why no BOOM!? :cool:

Great video. Really great.
We thought about that, just couldn't get anything that looked good and not to cheesy, just left it as is.

These newer 3DR style UAV's with a 4k capable camera attached to them can make some amazing videos. More goofiness to come!

Coffey1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
No Ken that's my new house I am building.
I am scratching another one off bucket list.
Live in something that's not been on wheels lol.

therooster2001

I'm liking that soundtrack, and the drone shots are superb:
- Especially loving the opening mists on the mountaintop! :driver::beer:
Well done vid, and I spent the morning looking at the 3DR's. The song is also off the BlackHawk down soundtrack, which I need to watch again (probably in the top 3 movies watched repetitively by me). I know there is a member here who grew up with Randy Shughart, it made me think about them again, the song carries a lot more meaning to me.

Another Ahab

Well done vid, and I spent the morning looking at the 3DR's. The song is also off the BlackHawk down soundtrack, which I need to watch again (probably in the top 3 movies watched repetitively by me). I know there is a member here who grew up with Randy Shughart, it made me think about them again, the song carries a lot more meaning to me.
Thanks for pointing this out.

I didn't realize that (I never saw the film), but certainly that adds significance to it all.

therooster2001

I will expand a bit here to help those who have not seen the movie.. Randy Shughart and Gary Gordon were both awarded the medal of honor posthumously after Mike Durant's BlackHawk was the second shot down during the battle of Mogadishu and he suffered a broken leg and injured back. Randy and Gary were Delta snipers, volunteered to be inserted knowing the danger, and fought off 25 Somali's guarding Mike Durant, both died protecting Mike as they ran out of ammo. Absolute heroes. It's worth seeing the movie. Rent it or buy it. If you don't have the money, I will buy it for you.

This link is the wikipedia page to Mike Durant.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Durant

The music is earlier in the movie.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks