• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your HEMTT/PLS/MK48 this week

162tcat

question used the crane on my 985 for the first time the other day, everything worked perfect except for the hoist it pays out cable very quickly (almost like it has 2 speeds) but when cable in it moves very slow and as soon as it picks up weight it stops. then i had to use the boom to pick up a motor (about 500lbs) i havent dug into the problem yet but seeing if anyone else has had this problem or anything i should look for right off the bat. thank you.
I'm not at all familiar with that set up but is it possible the linkage is out of adjustment so you're not getting full fluid flow in one direction? Try swapping the lines on the winch motor and see if that reverses the issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dk8019

Stampy, which fan? Mine only has the big giant fan, and I have had the thermostatic control on it fail, it's not a manual set of air valves.

armorguy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
question used the crane on my 985 for the first time the other day, everything worked perfect except for the hoist it pays out cable very quickly (almost like it has 2 speeds) but when cable in it moves very slow and as soon as it picks up weight it stops. then i had to use the boom to pick up a motor (about 500lbs) i havent dug into the problem yet but seeing if anyone else has had this problem or anything i should look for right off the bat. thank you.
Welcome to the "Having fun with hydraulics" club...

I did a lot of replacement of hoses on my crane. It was amazing to me that a very small dripping leak would kill the hydraulics of the given system. The winch has several hard lines and flex Links that can bleed off pressure.

Especially since the flex lines are a "furry painted mess", sometimes it is hard to run those guys down. Look for shinny spots. Mostly where the flex meets the metal crimp end.

What you are describing is a classic pressure leak in the system which can happen anywhere between the control valve and the winch. Mine (M1074) has a manual pump, which I used to help find these little Gremlins. If you bring the hoist to a stop point then use the hand pump to keep trying to apply pressure, if there is no leak the hand pump will pressurize and you can't pump any more. If there is a leak the hand pump will draw down. Also on my truck the hand pump seemed to put more pressure on to the system than the truck pump.

When I replaced them I just had new ones made rather than trying to find the replacement part. Lookup hydraulic hose vendors in your area and have them made, about 50 to 100 bucks per hose.

Good luck.

Mutilatedjak

Excellent Vid (on ALL counts (soundtrack, pacing, wide-angle shots, everything)!

Are you maybe a film editor or something (on the Outside)?!
Thaaaaanks! I do it for fun...I have been paid here or there for a quick video...but it's not my day job.
I like to find songs with a lyric that matches the mood...I was definitely picking up the pieces with the work I am having to do on this truck heh heh

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks