• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your HMMWV today/lately

m715mike

@frauhansen - those are expensive seat belts!

@Autonomy_Lost - It’s great to see your note above. I just got four “front seat seatbelts” from MacMotors (part number 12480530). The team at MacMotors was helpful and said that the front seatbelts would work for the rear seats too. They came in last week and are waiting at home for me until I’ll get an opportunity to put them in next weekend.

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Dont know how it called in english... you dill a hwole and press in a nut. So i can remove it with two screws and still have a flat surface. The screws are in the lockable compartment, so that it can not be easily stolen.
Rivnut

TOBASH

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Tearing out the radiator after finishing slant back conversion on my 1152. Gotta love finding a pinhole leak after the madien voyage.
I lived this BUT I was prepared. I replaced the entire stack during my 4speed conversion. That’s when I found the pinhole on the old remind/replaced rad.

You have 2 choices. Rebuild with four core dimpled radiator or buy a new one.

Good luck!

Mattguy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I lived this BUT I was prepared. I replaced the entire stack during my 4speed conversion. That’s when I found the pinhole on the old remind/replaced rad.

You have 2 choices. Rebuild with four core dimpled radiator or buy a new one.

Good luck!
I am going to try the GM stop leak tabs first because its such a small hole. But at least the bolts underneath the fan shroud are access able to remove the radiator without pulling the fan shroud out, not like on my M1123.

TOBASH

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am going to try the GM stop leak tabs first because its such a small hole. But at least the bolts underneath the fan shroud are access able to remove the radiator without pulling the fan shroud out, not like on my M1123.
Where there is one hole, there are more. Don’t waste your time! Replace that bad boy ASAP.

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Where there is one hole, there are more. Don’t waste your time! Replace that bad boy ASAP.
these USMC trucks have had a lot of salt water immersion, as you said…if you have a leak on the core, there are others.
also, there is No civilian replacement radiator for the ECV, so that option is out…remove the radiator and send it out and see if it’s even repairable,
there are 3 versions of ECV radiator, the early round core tubes “BAD”, the later skinny core tubes “good” and now the OEM Aluminum radiator.

Mattguy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
these USMC trucks have had a lot of salt water immersion, as you said…if you have a leak on the core, there are others.
also, there is No civilian replacement radiator for the ECV, so that option is out…remove the radiator and send it out and see if it’s even repairable,
there are 3 versions of ECV radiator, the early round core tubes “BAD”, the later skinny core tubes “good” and now the OEM Aluminum radiator.

Are there different part numbers for each version or is it one number for all?

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
there is another style of antenna tie down that the antenna clips into not hooks over the antenna. That way if you get hung up. It will spring up. With this style, it will snag until something breaks....
I have broken 2 masts this way and do not use that style anymore. YMMV

Mattguy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
there is another style of antenna tie down that the antenna clips into not hooks over the antenna. That way if you get hung up. It will spring up. With this style, it will snag until something breaks....
Do you remember where you found the other tie down? This was the only one I found, and bought from kascar.

Milcommoguy

Supporting Vendor
Looks like this >>> OVER or UNDER. OVER and OUT, CAMO
4277-Tie-Down-Kit.jpg

Last edited:

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes and more info here:

NSN: 5820-00-908-6416

I can't recall but seems I got them here on classifieds and Epay as I have 4 of them on my m923 & m998

Or this kind:

20230316_161326.jpg

Attachments

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks