• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your HMMWV today/lately

Mainsail

Steel Soldiers Supporter
spray some soapy water to find out. Even a slow leak will generate bubbles.

Better to verify that it actually is the O-ring leaking than do all the work only to find a pinhole in the tire or rim (unlikely, but not impossible)
Pulled the wheel after work, soaped the valve, the bead on both sides, and bubbles appeared in the hole there, whatever that's called. I tried to re-torque the bolts but it didn't change. I popped the small half off and the o-ring looked OK, but replaced it with my spare (ordered five just in case). No bubbles now. I put exactly 35psi in and I'll check it tomorrow to be sure.

NewTires4.jpg

The tire guy said he had a lot of trouble with two of the wheels, and he put those two on the rear. This is the weights on that wheel - 46 1/4 oz weights. I'll keep my eyes out for one or two more 12-bolt wheels locally. The other back wheel looks to be the same.

NewTires5.jpg

Coug

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Pulled the wheel after work, soaped the valve, the bead on both sides, and bubbles appeared in the hole there, whatever that's called. I tried to re-torque the bolts but it didn't change. I popped the small half off and the o-ring looked OK, but replaced it with my spare (ordered five just in case). No bubbles now. I put exactly 35psi in and I'll check it tomorrow to be sure.

View attachment 893687

The tire guy said he had a lot of trouble with two of the wheels, and he put those two on the rear. This is the weights on that wheel - 46 1/4 oz weights. I'll keep my eyes out for one or two more 12-bolt wheels locally. The other back wheel looks to be the same.

View attachment 893688
I first read that as 46.25 oz of weights not 46 x 1/4oz weight and thought something was seriously wrong.
12 oz out of balance is a lot, but still within realistic amounts.
As I said in my recent post, one of mine was 9 1/2 oz out of balance.
Still, yikes.

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
12oz is not ideal but not "out of bounds" for a tire that size, tell those guys to man up and get some bigger weights!
IIRC the max for the Centramatics was about 12-15oz so I could be running close to that without any wheel weights.
Does not matter how you get there, if you are running down the highway smoothly (this of course is a relative term) you are good!!

Gcelevator

Steel Soldiers Supporter

View attachment 893687

View attachment 893688
If you were in Florida i could give you 2 ok wheels. Find a way and they are yours.

RJTM998

View attachment 893687

View attachment 893688
Jeez that shop need to buy some 1oz weights.

rcamacho

Cooling stack all done
Headlight assembly back on with missing oil cooler brackets.
Hood hinges were a bear . Corrosion around SS pin almost seized. Galvalytic corrosion between hinges and aluminum headlight housing. All fixed up now and with corrosion prevention tape between dissimilar metals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

M1165A1

Replaced a badly corroded washer pump on the M1152A1. I thought it should take 20 minutes, and it would have if I was smarter. But I spent 30 minutes trying to reseat the self locking retaining ring inside the washer tank before I realized I could just chuck the ring and risk a leak since it would not be a big deal.

If I need to replace one of these again I will buy the pre-assembled tank/pump combo.

IMG_2133.jpg

m715mike

Interesting beam pattern. I’d like to see what it looks like projected on a wall at proper adjustment height

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had the high beams on for that picture.

Ok…. Call me the slow one in the family…. What do you mean by “proper adjustment height”?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks