• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your HMMWV today/lately

nairb

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Received some half doors for the M1123. Aluminum, they’re surprisingly lightweight, seem to be about 1/4” thick. I‘m not happy with the soft doors and dislike the look of X doors on a soft canvas. Beside, no A/C on the M1123 to windows are open 9 months a year.

View attachment 923916

View attachment 923917

I think this truck will end-up being a 2 man cab, because it’s my daily mule and I never take more than a passenger for expeditions. In the 2 man crew configuration I like the sand color style, and I’ve ordered a dozen 7’ long, 4”x1” T6 aluminum extrusions to build racks to expand the ability to load the truck while looking badass.

It’s hard not to touch it before the slant back A2 is done !
Where did you get the half doors from?

badger_610889

Steel Soldiers Supporter
What is the technical name for the black strips please?????
No idea :(
I'm still trying to source them! I worked on a similar application in a previous life and it's been a year I've been trying to find the name for this, and to source it.
The stuff I've seen was made of black anodized machined aluminum. I guess we could simply have it made at a good local shop.

badger_610889

Steel Soldiers Supporter
BTW this is the truck in which I'll also install the "tactical infotainment" system I've been working on for a while now, as well as a supercharger kit and the aluminum rack.

It will be badass!

Mainsail

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm still trying to source them! I worked on a similar application in a previous life and it's been a year I've been trying to find the name for this, and to source it.
The stuff I've seen was made of black anodized machined aluminum. I guess we could simply have it made at a good local shop.
In the aircraft world it's called seat track.

badger_610889

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks! Looks like it indeed!

Today I fixed the hood of the slantback with epoxy and carbon fiber.
I neglected the suit and feel totally itchy now 😅

TNDRIVER

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In the aircraft world it's called seat track.
Did some digging.............. and in the Van world, as in auto, it's called L Track or Versa Tie and the like the stuff!! If you want to take a minute and look back at the 1165's that sold out of GA. on 4/24 and look closely at the cargo floor and the doghouse between the seats. I hate to think what that cost. Now I need a new idea.

Autonomy_Lost

Very nice hatch! I'm in need of a full set of manual M1151A1 turret system, any leads where can get them? Thanks
You have to just be patient and search ebay, facebook, etc. Usually cheaper to piece it together, but requires much more patience and knowledge.

You can also post WTB on the classifieds here or on facebook.

Just be careful of scammers.

badger_610889

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Now that the tunnel (or whatever it’s called has been adapted to the turbo engine, I can mount a proper doghouse.

IMG_6221.jpeg

Question: are there two lengths of these lockers?
IMG_6220.jpeg
Thanks!

The ones I have a too short for the new (turbo) dog house. The truck didn’t have a doghouse when I got it, and I had those in an ammo can full of bolts, connectors and other stuff that was left bolted in the back of the M1045. So I assumed they were for this truck, but are clearly to short.

On a different topic, while working on the hood, I’m testing different headlights. I think I will go with these LED ones:
IMG_6219.jpeg

HookEm

Needed a hitch receiver on the HMMWV to hold a winch and instead of buying a $150 part, spent far more $$ on a plasma cutter and welder from Harbor Freight and a bit of 3/8 plate steel and about 3 or 4 hours of my evenings this past week. Not the prettiest welds but I think she'll hold. Grade 8 hardware coming tomorrow.

1000021843.jpg
1000021865.jpg
1000021870.jpg
1000021906.jpg
1000021907.jpg
1000021904.jpg

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Now that the tunnel (or whatever it’s called has been adapted to the turbo engine, I can mount a proper doghouse.

View attachment 924204

Question: are there two lengths of these lockers?
View attachment 924203
Thanks!

The ones I have a too short for the new (turbo) dog house. The truck didn’t have a doghouse when I got it, and I had those in an ammo can full of bolts, connectors and other stuff that was left bolted in the back of the M1045. So I assumed they were for this truck, but are clearly to short.

On a different topic, while working on the hood, I’m testing different headlights. I think I will go with these LED ones:
View attachment 924205
You adjust the other "end" of Dzus fasteners.
The right tools make it SOO much easier, see vid.

Humvee 1025

You have to just be patient and search ebay, facebook, etc. Usually cheaper to piece it together, but requires much more patience and knowledge.

You can also post WTB on the classifieds here or on facebook.

Just be careful of scammers.
Thank you sir! and will do. Another question is how many parts from the M1025 turret system will interchange with the M1151?

frauhansen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Not realy done to my truck... and i hope i will never need it... but after i need a jump start after a weekend with fidge and drone charger on I have decided that removing the seats could not be the way when the slave-hub laughs in my face because I don't have the right cable for it.
IMG_5498.jpeg
feels like brand new, no hardened rubber.... now i'm happy an i know i will never need it, cause i have it