• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your HMMWV today/lately

Bravojmc

Mcreddy- I did do the prep work myself First pressure wash truck- remove everything you want to paint or not paint, I machine sand the hood with 180 grit sand paper, I wet sand the rest of the truck with 180 then follow with 220. The prep. is the most important part. I painted it with tractor supply massy fergusion grey.U sed about 3/4 of a gallon. Total of three coats. Disassembly, assembly, cleaning, taping, and prep is what takes all the time- painting takes about 2 to 3 hours... Material cost was around $200 and I charged $1500 You can dull it down by add a 1/2 quart of flat black. Taking and cleaning the mats was not that bad and I painted/dyed them black. I replaced the reflectors, all lights, dyed the seats black and added a rubber mat to replace the old crusty wood boards.. Thanks for the compliments!!!!
good work! Thanks for the info!

orgnal

Mcreddy- I did do the prep work myself First pressure wash truck- remove everything you want to paint or not paint, I machine sand the hood with 180 grit sand paper, I wet sand the rest of the truck with 180 then follow with 220. The prep. is the most important part. I painted it with tractor supply massy fergusion grey.U sed about 3/4 of a gallon. Total of three coats. Disassembly, assembly, cleaning, taping, and prep is what takes all the time- painting takes about 2 to 3 hours... Material cost was around $200 and I charged $1500 You can dull it down by add a 1/2 quart of flat black. Taking and cleaning the mats was not that bad and I painted/dyed them black. I replaced the reflectors, all lights, dyed the seats black and added a rubber mat to replace the old crusty wood boards.. Thanks for the compliments!!!!
I wish I could find someone here in Denver, CO who would do that for $1500!

McReddy

infidel got me

That yard of yours makes it look like you're big time into production, infidel got me.

Have you got an operation going on there?!
I don't advertise, but yes it seems that people are coming out of the woodwork lately. I started with 5 tons(still work on them) but I like the Humvees better... Logistically and back wise. I try to give my customers a good price, be up front and honest, and do the best job that I can. Like I said I don't advertise and my phone hasn't stopped ringing. Thanks for the complements-

Bravojmc

Installed new sunvisers! THANK YOU 911joeblow!!!
Very easy just marked hole location, drilled, installed RIVNUTS and bolted
them in, pow DONE!
IMG_7434.jpg
Also recieved my 4man side rails yesterday.(THANK YOU Beltfed!) So now I have
everything to make her a 4 door with X-doors!
I think I have a problem... Its called humveeatitas! Isn't admitting your problem
the first step towards recovery?!

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I don't advertise, but yes it seems that people are coming out of the woodwork lately. I started with 5 tons(still work on them) but I like the Humvees better... Logistically and back wise. I try to give my customers a good price, be up front and honest, and do the best job that I can. Like I said I don't advertise and my phone hasn't stopped ringing. Thanks for the complements-
You need to move to Brooklyn, NY.

infidel got me

wood1.jpg Mounted my new goodyears on 24 bolt rims and took her out in the woods to try em out. They ride a thousand times better than the 2nd gen. goodyears and seem to pull better through the sand. Sigewalls is like a 14.00 20... wow

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks