• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your HMMWV today/lately

riderdan

View attachment 689211View attachment 689212 Today is my wifes b-day. I figured she was entitled to drive a real truck... instead of her expedition. She has put up with me for 18 + years. I figured she deserved it. The bad thing is she hates my 80s music
Happy birthday to her, and "Cool!" My wife won't drive my humvee. But she's 4' 10-1/2" (claims to be 5') and weighs about 110 pounds. I doubt she could reach the pedals or steer it :lol: so I don't push it. A wise man once told me: "Happy wife, happy life." Words I try to live by. I can see from her smile that you're another smart one.

General Hood

Happy birthday to her, and "Cool!" My wife won't drive my humvee. But she's 4' 10-1/2" (claims to be 5') and weighs about 110 pounds. I doubt she could reach the pedals or steer it :lol: so I don't push it. A wise man once told me: "Happy wife, happy life." Words I try to live by. I can see from her smile that you're another smart one.
Ugh, my wife is 4'10 and she drives them like a pro ( but we'll keep that as our little secret)

shawnshumvee

Not hmmwv, not M939, Not M35

So my guess is fmtv or hemtt or the mK 48 troop carrier trailer that escapes me at the moment the model number?

I have no more info. The item is from GL who don't give detailed item descriptions and very very VERY conservative with pictures. When it comes to pictures and descriptions of items GP wins on that one.

DrillerSurplus

Was wondering if anyone knows what these are? heres the only info i have... Fitted vehicle body covers.
When GL puts a letter in the NSN, there are only 9 digits to try. In that position it is often 0, so you get 2540014368898 or in the format Action put it 2540-01-436-8898. A quick google search gives you the information below. The crate & contents look a lot like the kit for the MK17 rear unit for an MK48.
FMTV SOFT TOPS: MTV M1085 20 1/2 ft Box
FSC NSN[SUP]1[/SUP]UnitsAcq. Value[SUP]3 [/SUP]Description[SUP]1[/SUP]
25402540R143688986 KT$11,130.00 COVER,FITTED,VEHICULAR BODY
More InfoDTID: W5CD0Y70960009
ColorPart #
TAN 68657K1935Kit: Cover, Bows & Braces

shawnshumvee

When GL puts a letter in the NSN, there are only 9 digits to try. In that position it is often 0, so you get 2540014368898 or in the format Action put it 2540-01-436-8898. A quick google search gives you the information below. The crate & contents look a lot like the kit for the MK17 rear unit for an MK48.
FMTV SOFT TOPS: MTV M1085 20 1/2 ft Box
FSC NSN[SUP]1[/SUP]UnitsAcq. Value[SUP]3 [/SUP]Description[SUP]1[/SUP]
25402540R143688986 KT$11,130.00 COVER,FITTED,VEHICULAR BODY
More InfoDTID: W5CD0Y70960009
ColorPart #
TAN 68657K1935Kit: Cover, Bows & Braces

Got it, thanks a bunch.

hangarhermit

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Received my Pioneer Tool set that I purchased on eBay. Now to see if brackets and hardware kits are available so I don't have to spend time fabricating and/or re-inventing the wheel.
Pioneer Tool Set - used.jpg

General Hood

Raised the hood on my older M998 and noticed the electrical connection next to the windshield washer reservoir is dilapidating . I'm looking for suggestions? For now I'm going to clean it up and put a worm clamp around it to keep it in place

View attachment 688260
I finally took a few minutes during lunch to clean the receptacle up before wiring in the replacement connector, it was heavily corroded on the threads. Used a brush and some NoOx. The receptacle threads look bad in places. I may be spending time with a small file to make the threads usable again.
IMG_20170713_113327540_HDR.jpg

Bulldogger

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I finally took a few minutes during lunch to clean the receptacle up before wiring in the replacement connector, it was heavily corroded on the threads. Used a brush and some NoOx. The receptacle threads look bad in places. I may be spending time with a small file to make the threads usable again.
View attachment 689614
Yuck! Definitely need some further attention. A thread file should touch them up well enough. Perhaps some dielectric grease on them after?

BDGR

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks