• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your HMMWV today/lately

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I believe the switch on the parking lever is just to light the brake light on the dash that says "BRAKE" to warn you the parking brake is set. Not the rear brake lights in the taillights.

The neutral safety switch is on the transmission shift lever.

Action

I believe the switch on the parking lever is just to light the brake light on the dash that says "BRAKE" to warn you the parking brake is set. Not the rear brake lights in the taillights.

Duh! I was thinking that was the shifter pic. I havent been under there in a while. I deleted it. Thanks.

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Duh! I was thinking that was the shifter pic. I havent been under there in a while. I deleted it. Thanks.
Your good :) I just happen to have changed mine a few months ago to a locking parking lever as I bumped it more than once by accident.......and even here in flat land below sea level things roll backwards....

orgnal

The 'Brake' light on the dash is what I just started having problems with. It stays on after disengaging the parking brake.

McReddy

infidel got me

G.H.- You might as well replace that old brittle fan blade while your at it. Cheap insurance and one more thing to cross off the list. I also sourced a a/c water pump pulley while mine was apart.....:wink:

infidel got me

20170826_101231.jpg20170826_101231.jpg20170826_101352.jpg20170826_101411.jpg Found this led motorcycle tag light for $8. Screwed it to top of tag w/ small screws provided in kit. Tag is real visible for such a small led. Ran wire through bolt hole in air lift bumper.

fpchief

Ok, this is a summary from the last 3-4 weekends. New 3 color camo, new front half shafts, rear seat belts, new overhead from TMG (should jave gotten it without any accessories on it, the build is ok though), new 4 man top and cargo cover (not near quality was expecting. Cover is good to go but hardware had issues), cb antenna mount from TMG (paid too much for it but they had it and it was easy), rear tag mount from TMG (good to go)...next is next is hub servicing, and pulling front driveshaft and replacing that round fitting where grease zert is.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

General Hood

Ok, this is a summary from the last 3-4 weekends. New 3 color camo, new front half shafts, rear seat belts, new overhead from TMG (should jave gotten it without any accessories on it, the build is ok though), new 4 man top and cargo cover (not near quality was expecting. Cover is good to go but hardware had issues), cb antenna mount from TMG (paid too much for it but they had it and it was easy), rear tag mount from TMG (good to go)...next is next is hub servicing, and pulling front driveshaft and replacing that round fitting where grease zert is.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
You've been busy. You've set a pace for this old man to keep up with. BTW, your HMMWV looks good mister

NormB

That is much better than the stock horn. Can you provide the manufacture and where you purchased it. I need to replace my stock horn. Thanks
Stebel. Poke around on epay and/or Amazon. This came from a company in Australia, took about five days to get here.

The 24 volt units used to be sold on both, shipped from US sources for around $40. I spent about half an hour searching the web and could find them but for around $80.

I think, with exchange rates, this one cost about $54.

I put a 12V model into my Tacoma. I've actually watched drivers, doing 20mph under the speed limit while staring at their "smarter than them" phones, DROP the things as I pass and honk my horn.

Oh, and the 1" steel angle bracket I made I had to trim about 1/8" off of as it was interfering with the hood prop rod.

Measure twice, cut once.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks