• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your HMMWV today/lately

papakb

Yesterday four HMMWV owners went up to Jacques Littlefields Pony Tracks ranch for possibly one of the last viewings of his marvelous tank collection. It's been 2 years since the auction but there are still some beautiful tanks in the Museum and on the property. Paul Politi, Cam Koskens, Zee Ohanian and Kurt Lesser brought a fine selection of HMMWVs to the event and parked them center front in the courtyard of the museum.

The tanks that are there will eventually be moving to the new Collings Foundation museum in Stow, Massachussetts where the best of Jacques collection will meet with displays representing all conflicts where armored vehicles were used. Here's a link to an article about the foundations plans from Hemmimgs Daily.

https://www.hemmings.com/blog/2015/...tlefield-military-vehicle-collection-stalled/

Last edited:

Action

Not doubting or questioning like I don't believe you, just wondering for a quick explaintion cause it my head it's not making sense lol
Get part numbers and look ip pics online. The blades slant the opposite direction. The serpentine belt routes the other way around that pulley. Thd inside of thd water pump turns thd other way too.

Victorkilo31

I can finally post here! I got to drive it for first time today lol got it home and gave it a decent look over, doesn't have to much readily visible for problems but a long weekend coming up to really do good once and get more pics as well 20170829_142401.jpg

Victorkilo31

Thanks. Seems to be in shape so far. I'll know better after I start going more in-depth with my inspection. Bit so far drives well, fan clutch works, forgot how loud they get, fluids looked good, no signs of leaks yet either

infidel got me

I can finally post here! I got to drive it for first time today lol got it home and gave it a decent look over, doesn't have to much readily visible for problems but a long weekend coming up to really do good once and get more pics as well View attachment 696947
That truck is a piece of junk-- do yourself a favor and just ship it to my house!!! I might even help a little with the shipping cost.... Just kidding, nice ride and good luck with your new purchase..

Lowmaks

Which ac unit do you have? Are you getting power? did you check your ground?
Red Dot unit installed either before or during the GovPlanet auction. Haven't gotten a chance to get on it with a voltmeter yet, and I don't know where the **** fuse for it is. I've looked, and my neighbor even helped me because I thought I was just being dumb. We took the fans off and freed them up a bit, but they still have some resistance to motion. Looks like it sat outside for a bit :(
I'm definitely trying to get a voltmeter on it to see if there's power, though. If there is power, I'll have to figure out how to free it up even more. It's pretty ugly...while we were freeing it up, lots of rusty dust came out of the motors.

alphaseventwo

Bought one of those rifle brackets off E--y even though I wasn't sure it would even work for hmmwv, painted it OD and now test fitting. It fits the AR very well. Might follow up with the passenger side next.

m998 rifle bracket

Victorkilo31

Bought one of those rifle brackets off E--y even though I wasn't sure it would even work for hmmwv, painted it OD and now test fitting. It fits the AR very well. Might follow up with the passenger side next.

View attachment 697108
I got lucky with mine and it's got all 4 seats covered. Mine look a bit different though. I'll get a pic later, since I'm at work at the moment. I haven't tried fitting my ar yet though. Need to find a ma duce for the rack in the bed though

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks