• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your HMMWV today/lately

infidel got me

HECK YEAH THEY RIPPED--but I was replacing the balljoints anyway. This one is the first (of course its mine) that I have seen with no grease fittings. The bolts came out easy, it was the lower nut that was hard to hold. The boot was in the way.

Action

HECK YEAH THEY RIPPED--but I was replacing the balljoints anyway. This one is the first (of course its mine) that I have seen with no grease fittings. The bolts came out easy, it was the lower nut that was hard to hold. The boot was in the way.
I cant get a wrench or socket on the bottom of lower because the hub is in the way. I may have larger nuts and bolts, too. The upgraded older and newer use larger hardware on the ball joints. I would use MOOG problem solver for replacements.

jester3798

Motor is in, hood is on, shes back on her feet.....

motor is in and running. hood is on. she is back on her feet. some more fabricating and wiring needed. getting closeIMG_2430.jpgIMG_2431.jpg

mdainsd

Do you have photos / details to share?
I will get photos this weekend. Its a M1025, I started a thread today about it. Mostly all there, rolling, braking, steering. Brand new 6.5 that wont start due to low compression. I have the glow plugs out and a little MMO in each cylinder to see if that has any effect.

florky

Added a little bit of thump to the girl.

Added
BOSS AUDIO BASS1600
10 inch 1600-watt Amplified Subwoofer System with Enclosure

IMG_6321.jpg

Existing - installed last year.
BOSS AUDIO BRRF46
1000 WATTS MAX POWER 46" SIDE x SIDE | AMPLIFIED OVERHEAD SYSTEM Featuring Built-in Class D Amplifier, External BLUETOOTH® Controller and Built-in Dome Lights
IMG_4100.jpg

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks