• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your HMMWV today/lately

Daves86

Welcome to the group! Looks like you already have a good list for projects. I would add some maintenance to the list, change fluids, flush radiator then check for leaks and squeaks. Your list may change based on what you find after spending a few quality hors with your new rig.

Welcome to the madness! Look for the TMs on this site, they are the worth the time to get acquainted with. Folks on this site love pics! FYI

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome.
My suggestion... make her run and drive before doing anything cosmetic like four man conversion etc...

Coug

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Okay I'm a Newbie
just got a m1123
fixed two fuel leaks.

i have got
glass , wipers and hardware
spare tire
jack
luverne brushguard
back seat caps
rear seat belts
4 man conversion kit
tailgate
cargo partition
either in, or on order.
thinking about getting a radio deck with undershelf for storage.
also thinking about mounting ac condenser on cargo partition.
any opinions or suggestions?

View attachment 825996
For the aircon I'd recommend installing the fender mount condenser, rather than the Red Dot one.
If you plan to never do anything else to the truck ever again and don't mind the loss of cargo space in back, then the Red Dot is fine, but if you might do a rear cargo cover or anything like that the condenser is either in the way or it's up on top where it's kind of ugly to look at and can catch on low branches or stuff like that.

keith s

For the aircon I'd recommend installing the fender mount condenser, rather than the Red Dot one.
If you plan to never do anything else to the truck ever again and don't mind the loss of cargo space in back, then the Red Dot is fine, but if you might do a rear cargo cover or anything like that the condenser is either in the way or it's up on top where it's kind of ugly to look at and can catch on low branches or stuff like that.
I'll start researching those to be informed . Yeah that would be nice to have it out of the way.
My first order will be to change fluids, and check a lot of the bolts and nuts.
Then getting street legal and insured. Waiting on SF97 now.

Coug

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'll start researching those to be informed . Yeah that would be nice to have it out of the way.
My first order will be to change fluids, and check a lot of the bolts and nuts.
Then getting street legal and insured. Waiting on SF97 now.
here is my thread about doing it on mine

keith s

here is my thread about doing it on mine
thx.

Elijah95

Certified Rookie
IMG_3680.jpg
Installed some LEDs in the M1123 after the essential supplemental ground harness

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
View attachment 826180
Installed some LEDs in the M1123 after the essential supplemental ground harness

Your truck looks great.

Not sure the engine harness is “essential”.

Best to clean all connections and restore the stock harness. The supplemental harness won’t hurt BUT clean wire connections prevent shorts as electricity flows in prescribed pathways and is not looking for less robust alternate pathways.

IMHO

Elijah95

Certified Rookie
Your truck looks great.

Not sure the engine harness is “essential”.

Best to clean all connections and restore the stock harness. The supplemental harness won’t hurt BUT clean wire connections prevent shorts as electricity flows in prescribed pathways and is not looking for less robust alternate pathways.

IMHO
Fair enough, but coming from M939s that would blow LED trucklites from poor grounds I had learned a trick or two.

I had issues with my rig that it seemed no matter how much I cleaned, removed paint, replaced wire, used dielectric grease to prevent corrosion etc I could not get my resistance down low enough ground wise on my headlights to keep from blowing brand new halogens in
Whipped up the ground harness and immediately my problems were gone. Cost wise, the entire ground harness was free to me to build, but the $100 “price tag” was a lot cheaper than potentially replacing my entire harness. Many other gents have experienced the same kind of results.

That’s why I consider it the #1 most important mod to any HMMWV imo

And thanks! It’s a work in progress, figure I’ll add some videos of it to the channel while I have it

rcamacho

Had the tires balanced and siped.
Les Schwab was able to statically balance with about 14oz or less. Dynamic balance was a no go as the machine called for up to 60oz.

Hmm, i may have to get a set of balance masters/centramatic.

Daves86

Did ours a little different. Used some conduit, covered in foam that was for hot water pipes
Backup display 1.JPGHave since put a camo cover on it to match the seat covers. really not sure which is better for getting in and out, but Her Dad holds on to it for his life when we run without the doors. Outside is mounted to one of the windshield brace bolt.

Daves86

Just took a closer look at ur post and saw that you flopped the dog ears around so they tuck in vice out. If you are planning to add a hard top, that's forward thinking 'cause you'll need the room above the hand hold for the front roof mount.

keith s

Did ours a little different. Used some conduit, covered in foam that was for hot water pipes
View attachment 826398Have since put a camo cover on it to match the seat covers. really not sure which is better for getting in and out, but Her Dad holds on to it for his life when we run without the doors. Outside is mounted to one of the windshield brace bolt.
Like that top console, that's something to keep in mind.

keith s

Just took a closer look at ur post and saw that you flopped the dog ears around so they tuck in vice out. If you are planning to add a hard top, that's forward thinking 'cause you'll need the room above the hand hold for the front roof mount.
Yeah , going with soft top. Was planning on cutting out two inches in center, for the top to clear. And one inch on height , to help see past mirror from drivers side. After I cut Height, I saw I could reverse the ears, and could possibly leave the length the same. Gonna look at it a couple days.

natrgatr

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Put out a fire today!!

Started the HMMVW. Smelled magic smoke escaping. Popped the hood and found the Time Delay Module for the Cadillac valve ablaze. Glad I was still at home. Now I just need to figure out what caused it. Ideas anyone?

Time Delay Module.JPG

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks