• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your HMMWV today/lately

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
For anything safety related, cotter pins are definitely one-time use. I'm not saying the 18 year old mechanic in the motor pool won't reuse a cotter pin just like they are probably reusing these tabbed washers, but I'm guessing the tabbed washers are even more dangerous to re-use and easier to screw up the install.
Agreed!
About both parts...

Bulldogger

Steel Soldiers Supporter
He will do all military covers except camo. I already had a green top.

Interesting. I dropped off that Fecebook group he was selling in bc of too many morons in it. That was before he came out with these. Fun fact: I tried to sell my soft slant back design to WW but he didn't want it. I was developing improved rear curtains but it looks like WW beat me to it...
Bulldogger

Mattguy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Interesting. I dropped off that Fecebook group he was selling in bc of too many morons in it. That was before he came out with these. Fun fact: I tried to sell my soft slant back design to WW but he didn't want it. I was developing improved rear curtains but it looks like WW beat me to it...
Bulldogger
I was looking for a rear curtain and just happened to message him and he had this green one.

I do see that Midwest Military Equipment in August will have new tops, doors and curtains. Looks like someone is making them again.

Mattguy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Bulldogger
Do you make tops and curtains?

Bulldogger

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Do you make tops and curtains?
I'm close to having a set of rear curtain designs I am satisfied with (at least for beta testers to try out). I have some 2-man versions ready, but still have to finish the 4-man design. I don't make tops and don't plan to. Way too much sewing in one of those. You didn't ask but I'll offer that I am about to resume making and selling soft slant back kits (steel frame kit and cover, arrives ready to assemble and install). I just have to finish the wife's bathroom reno first.
BDGR

GuntherRommel

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm close to having a set of rear curtain designs I am satisfied with (at least for beta testers to try out). I have some 2-man versions ready, but still have to finish the 4-man design. I don't make tops and don't plan to. Way too much sewing in one of those. You didn't ask but I'll offer that I am about to resume making and selling soft slant back kits (steel frame kit and cover, arrives ready to assemble and install). I just have to finish the wife's bathroom reno first.
BDGR
Very interesting, I would love to see a pic. Sounds awesome

Bulldogger

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Very interesting, I would love to see a pic. Sounds awesome
I'll be sure to contact you directly.

Are you looking for 2-man, 4-man w rear seat belt mounts or 4-man without belt mounts? I figure on making 2-man and 4-man seatbelt. I wonder how many folks have 4-man without rear belts. And what color? I've green, tan and black fabric on hand. No camo scheme yet.

Bulldogger

Bulldogger

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have a camo 4 man soft top with soft doors and 4 seat + belts. But I love the idea of a 4 man soft slant back. Sounds amazing
Here's a thread on my design with plenty of posts from others in as well. The thread has a link to the development thread as well.

I made a tan slant back for a fellow in Maryland late 2021. I'm poised to resume production of soft slant backs in late April early May. I'm chained to the master bathroom renovation at present, but my wife promises me some months to do other things (by which I understand some things I want to do, and some things she wants me to do, but not renovations). I'll take what I can get.

Feel free to contact me by PM (Conversation) to continue our discussion. At this time, you'd be first in line for the next slant back, though I'm not ready to accept a deposit just yet.

BDGR

GuntherRommel

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here's a thread on my design with plenty of posts from others in as well. The thread has a link to the development thread as well.

I made a tan slant back for a fellow in Maryland late 2021. I'm poised to resume production of soft slant backs in late April early May. I'm chained to the master bathroom renovation at present, but my wife promises me some months to do other things (by which I understand some things I want to do, and some things she wants me to do, but not renovations). I'll take what I can get.

Feel free to contact me by PM (Conversation) to continue our discussion. At this time, you'd be first in line for the next slant back, though I'm not ready to accept a deposit just yet.

BDGR
Looks great man, I want one in black or green and will paint it camo. Nice work

Mattguy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
What have I done for my Humvee today? I got it a play friend to pull around. 320 Miles to Sparta, Wi. and back. It will get painted 383 Green to match truck.

Also a few pictures of the other goodies in the yard. Got to drive a 8x8, too bad out of my range.

Attachments

Last edited:

Caactus

Helped a friend pull the rims out of 6 used up/aged out HMMWV tires to prepare them for disposal today. Then put run-flats in 4 new Baja tires and mounted them on four of the rims and set them aside for future use. First time messing with run-flats .. actually wasn’t as bad as I was anticipating. We’re actually gonna pull the wheels back off another vehicle we just installed new tires on so we can add run-flats…that thing is a fully armored beast and I’d hate to see it blow a tire on the highway with out them.

Next up.. pulling the run-flats OUT of the old tires so they can be taken to recycling. I hear that’s a pretty messing job.

Next NEXT up..Waiting to get a new to me Rhino tire carrier to mount. Anyone know how they mount over the mud flap on an air bumper? Never mind…I’m sure it’s detailed in another thread somewhere. Just trying to figure out what they recommend for spacers on the left side bolts.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks