• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your HMMWV today/lately

TNDRIVER

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Good point, keeping forgetting it 24V..

Can you guys help me out with one more thing.. My M1123 seems to be a 1999 version based on it's serial 18xxxx.. I'm looking for the CDR Valve.. getting two different part numbers for it, not sure which one is correct. I think 25043364 should be the right one? I'm trying to line up all the parts now, so when it arrives I can jump head first and get this crap done and not have to wait for parts to arrive.

Someone about 4 months ago posted an image of a kit, or at least a box of parts related to this valve. Trying to find a good source with these parts.
here's the image that poster posted, I tried reaching out to him, but he never got back to me.

View attachment 864000

And what is this part in the photo, seems to be fuel related as they pulled it out and got fuel around it..
View attachment 864001
Demilled deep water fording valve???? Look at the new one in the picture above it. Belongs in the hole in the dash at your right knee. My two cents. A J

OBX

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Good point, keeping forgetting it 24V..

Can you guys help me out with one more thing.. My M1123 seems to be a 1999 version based on it's serial 18xxxx.. I'm looking for the CDR Valve.. getting two different part numbers for it, not sure which one is correct. I think 25043364 should be the right one? I'm trying to line up all the parts now, so when it arrives I can jump head first and get this crap done and not have to wait for parts to arrive.

Someone about 4 months ago posted an image of a kit, or at least a box of parts related to this valve. Trying to find a good source with these parts.
here's the image that poster posted, I tried reaching out to him, but he never got back to me.

View attachment 864000

And what is this part in the photo, seems to be fuel related as they pulled it out and got fuel around it..
View attachment 864001
QUOTE]
”Four months ago”! , No, it was 2 weeks ago, March 24th! But I understand how waiting on EUC approval can distort one’s perception of time…. Seems like forever! Sorry I didn’t get back to you earlier. I purchased the deep water plumbing kit from ”OEMParts998” on eBay. The CDR valve pictured is for a GEP 6.5T. Not sure this CDR valve is correct for your application. Other CDR valves do not have that hose fitting on top of the valve and are available on eBay for about $40 or so. GEP 6.5T CDR valve not as common and costs much more.

Attachments

Last edited:

visualg

QUOTE]
”Four months ago”! , It was 2 weeks ago, March 24th! But I understand how waiting on EUC approval can distort one’s perception of time…. Seems like forever! Sorry I didn’t get back to you earlier. I purchased the deep water plumbing kit from ”OEMParts998” on eBay. The CDR valve pictured is for a GEP 6.5T. Not sure this CDR valve is correct for your application. Other CDR valves do not have that hose fitting on top of the valve and are available on eBay for about $40 or so. GEP 6.5T CDR valve not as common and costs much more.
LOL< stuck in this COVID timeframe.. Timelines evade us. I read so many of the posts, lost time reference.. Anyways, thanks for responding and the info.. I'll look into that seller on ebay.

Last edited:

blutow

LOL< stuck in this COVID timeframe.. Timelines evade us. I read so many of the posts, lost time reference.. Anyways, thanks for responding and the info.. I'll look into that seller on ebay.
I'm pretty sure that ebay store is for macmotors. You can connect with them direct and often get a better deal and save on ebay sales tax (depending on where you live). I just ordered all the fording stuff from them this week to fix the GP hack job. They bundle all the hoses, valve, fittings, etc., I'm not sure I need everything in the kit, but figured I should be covered without having to dig through every part diagram and figure out what was missing. I did have to order the cup seperatly, it does not come in their regular kit and he said not all trucks have this removed. My cup was ripped off, a new one was $13 or something like that. I also nixed the CDR valve from the kit because I had already bought one previously. I've found macmotors extemely knowledgeable and helpfull and their prices are good. I typically ask for Craig and he seems to know hmmwv parts in and out (at least form my perspective as a newbie).

visualg

I'm pretty sure that ebay store is for macmotors. You can connect with them direct and often get a better deal and save on ebay sales tax (depending on where you live). I just ordered all the fording stuff from them this week to fix the GP hack job. They bundle all the hoses, valve, fittings, etc., I'm not sure I need everything in the kit, but figured I should be covered without having to dig through every part diagram and figure out what was missing. I did have to order the cup seperatly, it does not come in their regular kit and he said not all trucks have this removed. My cup was ripped off, a new one was $13 or something like that. I also nixed the CDR valve from the kit because I had already bought one previously. I've found macmotors extemely knowledgeable and helpfull and their prices are good. I typically ask for Craig and he seems to know hmmwv parts in and out (at least form my perspective as a newbie).
Awesome tip, thank you... I will give them a call.. I want to just get the whole package as well, get it all installed and not have to worry about it.

diesel_dave

I ended up digging through the parts diagrams and ordering everything I think I need to restore DWF except some fasteners that macmotors didn't stock so I'll have to find those at home depot. Plan to get it all installed this weekend. Still can't believe I cut out the darn hose for the sensor cup because I thought it wasn't used for anything so now I need new hose. Grrr..

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Owner just wanted repaired, so I repaired it. Yes it is a lot of work but oh well, sounds much better and no gas chamber while driving.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
These are the kind of things I find interesting I have dealt with many machine shops over the years and the ones I have the most respect for and have had the best relations with are ones that no matter how much I present my case they just will not for any reason cut any corners or compromise at all with quality.
When I worked as a mechanic I would never consider doing what you did, when a customer wants you to "patch" something tell him to go down the street, if that repair fails and they get carbon monoxide poisoning or anything else happens you are on the hook....

GuntherRommel

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Finished painting the cheap tan soft doors I got on Ebay for $400, all the zippers actually worked with some lubrication. fixed a tear with some foil tape on drivers side rear

Attachments

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Finished painting the cheap tan soft doors I got on Ebay for $400, all the zippers actually worked with some lubrication. fixed a tear with some foil tape on drivers side rear
Lookin Good! Paint Job in this picture appears to match pretty well too.
Price seems reasonable - and it is a lot better than a hole where the doors would be. Especially if it rains!

blutow

Kind of boring, but I replaced my serpentine belt. That tensioner is a little tricky to get a tool on with the tight fan clearance, but otherswise a quick easy job.

I also replaced all the lenses on my exterior lights and rivited in a new bucket for one of my side markers. All my lenses had sun damage. I tried polishing one and the craking was too deep (especially on the front and rear lights). The side marker lenses probably could have been polished out, but I went ahead and replaced those also. It was a little over $100 to replace all 8 lenses and it looks so much better. The truck came with led's on the sides, but regular bulbs front and back. I thought about going full led, but it would have been a lot more $ compared to just doing the lenses. I had already blown my lighting budget on a set of trucklite LED headlights, which I really like. It's hard to tell from the pic, but all the lighting is so much sharper compared to the old headlinghts and weathered lenses. You can actually tell that the side markets are LEDs now, before they were so cloudy you couldn't make out the individual bulbs.

1649641556573.png

1649641786332.png

Maxjeep1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Kind of boring, but I replaced my serpentine belt. That tensioner is a little tricky to get a tool on with the tight fan clearance, but otherswise a quick easy job.

I also replaced all the lenses on my exterior lights and rivited in a new bucket for one of my side markers. All my lenses had sun damage. I tried polishing one and the craking was too deep (especially on the front and rear lights). The side marker lenses probably could have been polished out, but I went ahead and replaced those also. It was a little over $100 to replace all 8 lenses and it looks so much better. The truck came with led's on the sides, but regular bulbs front and back. I thought about going full led, but it would have been a lot more $ compared to just doing the lenses. I had already blown my lighting budget on a set of trucklite LED headlights, which I really like. It's hard to tell from the pic, but all the lighting is so much sharper compared to the old headlinghts and weathered lenses. You can actually tell that the side markets are LEDs now, before they were so cloudy you couldn't make out the individual bulbs.

View attachment 864460

View attachment 864461
I’m a throw away guy but when I got my H2 lenses were really bad and they were so expensive if you could find them. I watched a few YouTube videos and I got a kit from harbor freight and some 3,000 wet sand paper and I went to work. I have ocd I think and if it’s not perfect it’s in the trash. I went thru the steps and I was amazed at the results. As long as you have plastic it can be brought back to new. I did my gauges also and they look amazing too. I didn’t think they were salvageable. Your new stuff looks really nice and if you have cracks it’s a different story.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks