• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your HMMWV today/lately

Maxjeep1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Tomorrow I will go get my truck from Yermo and bring it back to Las Vegas. I’m pretty excited about it and I hope I can get it running. Cost me 300 for shipping. I asked if I could ride with him and he said sure it will be 400 and if I talk 500. Seems reasonable. It’s so beautiful42A78DE2-77A2-44B9-87EA-AC5D622C5679.jpeg

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Tomorrow I will go get my truck from Yermo and bring it back to Las Vegas. I’m pretty excited about it and I hope I can get it running. Cost me 300 for shipping. I asked if I could ride with him and he said sure it will be 400 and if I talk 500. Seems reasonable. It’s so beautifulView attachment 865777
I hate you,,, if I lived 2 hours from Yermo they'd be stacked up like cord wood around my place.

Last edited:

crwray

Finished painting the cheap tan soft doors I got on Ebay for $400, all the zippers actually worked with some lubrication. fixed a tear with some foil tape on drivers side rear
Wow! I am impressed. I have wished for zippers that would work for a long time. Quite a hassle to try to repair. I may go your route since the paint looks so good. Wearing well so far I assume? I wonder how long until it starts flaking, if at all?

Last edited:

GuntherRommel

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wow! I am impressed. I have wished for zippers that would work for a long time. Quite a hassle to try to repair. I may go your route since the paint looks so good. wearing well so far I assume? I wonder how long until it starts flaking, if at all?
Amazingly to me the paint takes great, there is a grain to the doors. I painted the inside flat black. I think the oem camo doors and tops are painted

Last edited:

Maxjeep1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have been messing with my non running m1165 that I got here yesterday around 2pm. What I have found out so far is. Overfilled with oil and it seems to be thin like it is mixed with diesel. I charged the batteries overnight. I took the engine cover off to look things over and it was hard to get off with the radio tray legs. I had to put it in drive to clear the cover and I put it back on. Put the batteries in and turned switch to start and wait light came on and went off just like it should. I turned to run and not even a click. Came inside to read up on a few things I stumbled across a thread about the neutral safety switch and it made me think that I never put it back in park. Sure enough it was in drive. Turned the switch, wait light went off after a few seconds and then turned it to run and it turned over. I just bumped it a couple of times. I’m feeling better because it’s not locked up and air filter was brand new and no water stains or any signs of water intake. The return line is off of the ip so I will check it out while I wait for my oil filter adapter O rings to come in.

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I have been messing with my non running m1165 that I got here yesterday around 2pm. What I have found out so far is. Overfilled with oil and it seems to be thin like it is mixed with diesel. I charged the batteries overnight. I took the engine cover off to look things over and it was hard to get off with the radio tray legs. I had to put it in drive to clear the cover and I put it back on. Put the batteries in and turned switch to start and wait light came on and went off just like it should. I turned to run and not even a click. Came inside to read up on a few things I stumbled across a thread about the neutral safety switch and it made me think that I never put it back in park. Sure enough it was in drive. Turned the switch, wait light went off after a few seconds and then turned it to run and it turned over. I just bumped it a couple of times. I’m feeling better because it’s not locked up and air filter was brand new and no water stains or any signs of water intake. The return line is off of the ip so I will check it out while I wait for my oil filter adapter O rings to come in.
Sure would be nice if you end up with another running truck... Amazing how a little research here on the forums or in the TM's will "flip a switch" in your brain!

Mattguy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sounds like my m1123 with the returned line disconnected. Pull off oil fill tube and turn crank with ratchet and see if IP pully turns. Hope it didn't freeze like mine and break the key.

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If the truck had been idled more than ran, the oil gets "sooty" and feels thinner. Very common for diesel engines. The oil level on the dipstick would help determine if Diesel is getting in there as it should be past full if so.

Is your oil filter adapter leaking or was it removed from the Engine?

Maxjeep1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If the truck had been idled more than ran, the oil gets "sooty" and feels thinner. Very common for diesel engines. The oil level on the dipstick would help determine if Diesel is getting in there as it should be past full if so.

Is your oil filter adapter leaking or was it removed from the Engine?
It was past full by probably a quart or two. Filter is all there but it looks like it is leaking from above and running down. 648A7DB9-52D9-46FB-9F35-B5691865B400.jpeg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks