• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your HMMWV today/lately

Gamble

Is that your truck? I love it! Tell me about the seats and paint. I would like to see more pics and I want to know more about the rocker protection. Looks factory H1
Yep. The seats are Corbeau seats and the paint is custom Lamborghini Reventon paint. There is a backstory to that but I was able to attain the paint code and get it mixed. The Rocker Panel protection is factory H1. The Hmmwv doesnt have much side impact protection so I added the H1 RPP. I may also add some additional rock rails for more protection but we'll see.

Maxjeep1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yep. The seats are Corbeau seats and the paint is custom Lamborghini Reventon paint. There is a backstory to that but I was able to attain the paint code and get it mixed. The Rocker Panel protection is factory H1. The Hmmwv doesnt have much side impact protection so I added the H1 RPP. I may also add some additional rock rails for more protection but we'll see.
I really like the H1 rockers and I hope I can find a set when I get that far. I really wanted those seats but I was worried about how they fit. I tried the caravan seats and I didn’t like how they fit except for the drivers seat. The seat bottom is just about 3” too long. You have a Really nice truck!!!

SmartDrug

I spent a couple days banging out the Tractor Supply 3/4" horse stall mats for the center tunnel. The detailed cuts took quite a while, but it looks pretty nice. There is a bit of intentional overlap in spots to try to direct rain that leaks through, I'm planning to test that out this afternoon as we're expecting showers and will adjust as needed. They made a decent amount of difference as far as road noise, but it's still no Rolls Royce. Also stopped to take a few pictures around town.

Gamble

I really like the H1 rockers and I hope I can find a set when I get that far. I really wanted those seats but I was worried about how they fit. I tried the caravan seats and I didn’t like how they fit except for the drivers seat. The seat bottom is just about 3” too long. You have a Really nice truck!!!

Thanks.

You'll find the Corbeu seats are very similar to the footprint of the Hmmwv seats with the exception of the height. They are significantly taller. The base is actually shorter than the HMMWV and the width and base height are near identical. The height / headrest was important to me for whiplash protection in the event of a rear end.

Bulldogger

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks.

You'll find the Corbeu seats are very similar to the footprint of the Hmmwv seats with the exception of the height. They are significantly taller. The base is actually shorter than the HMMWV and the width and base height are near identical. The height / headrest was important to me for whiplash protection in the event of a rear end.
I've got two Mini Cooper seats to try. I just need to fab the mounts/frames. Been too hot to want to cut and weld steel lately.
BDGR

Reactions: OBX

SmartDrug

I’m running those Corbeau Moab’s as well (see pictures above). I’m a fan, they don’t offer amazing lateral support (not that the HMMWV really needs it) but are quite comfortable. However, after reading the above post about welding supports, I’ll say that one of the biggest benefits is the installation. I needed rear seat “bases”/covers, so I bought the pre drilled ones from MME. With those seats, and those rear bases, I had all 4 in the truck in about an hour. Very simple installation. Just figured I’d mention that.

HoveringHMMWV

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Needed to add some of the missing hold down tubes for the tunnel insulation padding. Decided to make my own with 7/16" aluminum tubing. Used a padded vise jaw for the end crimps and a cheap tube bender for the simple bends. Will hit it with some green 383 paint and will never know the difference. Saved some $ in the process.

Screen Shot 2022-07-31 at 8.38.31 AM.png

Last edited:

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The Detroit like many is running a little hotter than I would like (210-215) and the fan is running pretty much all the time even though when I installed the turbo GEP I also installed an aluminum radiator, so I figured I would remove the custom brush guard to see if that made any difference, none that I can tell.

I guess I will tear the stack apart and try the OEM radiator, one look and it is obvious the OEM can flow ALLOT more water than the aluminum one.
The aluminum radiator performs very well on the Duramax conversion, but that 435HP motor flows only about 1/3 the GPM as the 6.5L mostly because it was designed by real diesel folks correctly in the first place rather than trying later to compensate for a poor design.

Attachments

Autonomy_Lost

Made some rain gutters out of 1/4" thick aluminum sheets. I think they look better than the OEM rain gutters (looks like it has the armored roof now).

Also added a turret hole cap, installed a new connector for the main alternator 24v output (had to purchase a giant hydraulic crimp tool for that), and changed the oil!

Attachments

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Made some rain gutters out of 1/4" thick aluminum sheets. I think they look better than the OEM rain gutters (looks like it has the armored roof now).

Also added a turret hole cap, installed a new connector for the main alternator 24v output (had to purchase a giant hydraulic crimp tool for that), and changed the oil!
Gutters are a nice addition!
Especially if the truck is dry under the turret cover and when you are rolling down the road...

Autonomy_Lost

What are rain gutters for? :ROFLMAO:
Lol, its a thing you need on the newer aluminum roofs of m1151's. Most of them in service have armored roof overlays that keep water from getting into the top of the doors. If they remove that piece during the demil process, all of the rain will run down the roof and right into your doors.

The older steel roofs on m1123's etc dont need this because the doors sit in a recessed "pocket" rather than sitting flush, if that makes sense.

Edit: look at my post a few posts up, when I installed the doors but before installing the gutters. You can see how rain would just go right in. Yes there is weatherstripping but that only does so much.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks