• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your MKT this week???

jasonjc

Well I've seen these threads for every thing else. So I'm starting this for the MKT crowd.

Last edited by a moderator:

jasonjc

Was going though my new to me MKT-90. Counted all the poles and see all the roof poles and rail poles are there but only 4 of the side stand off. I'll just steal them from my 75.

One thing I see is the rubber mat on the floor should NOT be left down on the floor. It seems to holds water and water leads to corrosion. So now to clean it up.

Thinking about some kind of bed liner , maybe. Any thoughts about this , pro's/con's???

Attachments

scootr14

I purchased a single compartment commercial sink, commercial faucet, and portable propane water heater. I plan on either removing one of the stoves, or the side cabinet next to the griddle and installing the sink there. It will hook up to a garden hose and I'll drain it into a 50 gallon plastic bucket (or ground). I know the FDA won't approve it, but I'm using this mainly for cook offs, so I should be good. I'll take pictures of my contraption once I get everything in, and installed.

Last edited:

scootr14

My existing wok was too big, so I had to find a smaller plow disc and make one. The frame I made from 1" square stock. If I remember I'll take a picture of the frame. I keep trying to upload a picture of the frame, but it won't upload. I'll take another one this weekend.

Last edited:

scootr14

Here is a picture of the sink installed.
20160222_194420.jpg20160222_194433.jpg
It has a flexible drain pipe and a portable propane water heater. It only puts out about 1.2 gallons of hot hot water, but that's enough for me. It hooks up to a regular water hose, which splits off to the water heater, and then to the cold water faucet on the sink. The aluminum L brackets are screwed into the floor, and the legs of the sink are screwed into the upper part of the L bracket, which keeps the sink steady and level. It fits perfect next to the griddle, and the storage compartment that was previously here, I'll just slide it beside the sink, or to the other side by the prep table.

Last edited:

61sleepercab

I plan to see what county food sanitarian says about cooking over diesel MKT burners and what requirements for triple bowl sink . I may make a rolling sink to store in alley way and then roll out on trailer end . I have to test my burners that I have scrounged up. Mark

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I plan to see what county food sanitarian says about cooking over diesel MKT burners and what requirements for triple bowl sink . I may make a rolling sink to store in alley way and then roll out on trailer end . I have to test my burners that I have scrounged up. Mark
I've not had a problem, mainly because the burners are very efficient about burning the diesel so there is no odor.

therooster2001

Nervously watched by text them loading my MKT on a stepbed trailer. Comedy of errors with the pickup and the broker, which I ended up stepping in to get coordinated and back on track. After asking for a truck with a pintle, a wrecker showed up with a boom. They had the hoisting done odd and front to back, instead of on both sides, but seems to have worked. The local yard guy was amazing at helping me, and provided the picts and piece of mind. He's a gem. Jerkins properties is where they haul most of the Wright Pat stuff to. He is also the dude who unpacked the MKT and up again. Vernon is the local GovPlanet guy in that location and enough can not be said with how he helped me, answering after 6:30 PM and going in on a day off (2 hours away) to get it done.

Trailerlift.jpg

therooster2001

I have a "tarp service" going onto it before the highway trip, I was promised pictures of it.. We'll see. Specified it on bid and two phone calls to the broker..

therooster2001

Ok peeps, the broker blew this one again. NO ramps on the stepback.. So I need to see if you guys think it's alright to have a rollback winch it off, then tie it down, then roll it back to the ground? Is there an issues winching with the wheel down? Will it take it? A boom put it on there, but I can't get one here. This seems to be my last option (and my last nerve). I don't really want to use a forklift, and are not going that option.

therooster2001

Well, I got it off the trailer, then while getting off the rollback, it almost tipped over! I jumped on the bed and held the Lunette down, then we got it back under control. It was almost a disaster. The trailer is gorgeous, it's brand new, everything is unused except the ovens, which are a bit old and a little rusty. Couple hours I'll have them back in shape. Tons of utensils, the electronics are all there, even the slave hookup. New screens, foul weather, and all new ladders and poles. Brand new griddle, never seen action, and even three lanterns. Couple of items missing, scepter fuel cap hookup, scepter can (there were three waters), condiment tray, lights and the cutting board. Just awesome. I really want to do the scepter hookup, anyone got one?

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1456809764.943700.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1456809791.800279.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1456809833.026035.jpg

61sleepercab

I found once at Govliquidation brand new in the box MKT ovens with all the pots and pans and small kitchen tools,spoons etc. My MKT trailer was a veteran field kitchen with several pounds of yellow clay mud on the floors. I should have taken a soil sample and figured out where she had been last. I also had several Sam's Club type petrified spice bottles and a pound salt block that used to be loose in the can. I have heard that you put the four corner leg braces down before you start fooling with the trailer as some members have rode the bucking bronco trailer upsetting backwards. Have fun and be safe. Mark

jasonjc

Ok peeps, the broker blew this one again. NO ramps on the stepback.. So I need to see if you guys think it's alright to have a rollback winch it off, then tie it down, then roll it back to the ground? Is there an issues winching with the wheel down? Will it take it? A boom put it on there, but I can't get one here. This seems to be my last option (and my last nerve). I don't really want to use a forklift, and are not going that option.

Had I seen this soon this would have been more help. The had part was getting it to start moving by myself.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks