• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done WITH your wrecker this week?

PowerstrokeNC

Liking your barn/ shop, PowerstrokeNC; love to see a video tour of THAT set-up (looks sweet).
Thanks, it was a luck shot, bought this place as a foreclosure, it was pretty beat up but came with the barn. Which I have slowly got back to life. Over several years have insulated and painted it. Just added heat this year. It already had a drain in the floor, so can wash stuff down etc. I am able to get all the green iron under roof, and with the heat I can work on them in the winter now which is nice....

Another Ahab

Thanks, it was a luck shot, bought this place as a foreclosure, it was pretty beat up but came with the barn. Which I have slowly got back to life. Over several years have insulated and painted it. Just added heat this year. It already had a drain in the floor, so can wash stuff down etc. I am able to get all the green iron under roof, and with the heat I can work on them in the winter now which is nice....
[thumbzup]

Im no mormon either, just a back row baptist from the hills of appalachia. I like having plenty of store on hand, as its 65 miles to the closest wal mart to the east, and 75 miles to the west (north/south,,, we just wont go there). I just find canned deer meat to taste better than the fatty beef that I find in the stores, grown crops means i dont have to waste a day driving to and fro... Winter storms and bad road conditions and my general dislike of society proves that Im better off just staying home....
Wouldnt mind having a semi load of grocerys, but I would get tired of eating beans lintels and rice...... Actually found 21 buckets of beans, lintels, rice, unground wheat, molasas, buried in the back yard of this place when I moved in... Folk who built it, intended to carry on their southern Cali lifestyle after Y2K hit.... they ended up attempting to kill each other with hatchets one nite after the generator in the afore mentioned bunker/battery room was leaking carbon monoxide into the house... They moved back to Cali and New York (divorced) and the greater portion (cept jackson hole) of Wyoming cheered with a unanimous (GOOD RIDDANCE!!!) I never knew them, and the man that currently owns it is an old rancher, ( I caretake/lease the property, operate a B&B and excavation/recovery business) Builders/first owners where astrological dreame interpreter/pshycic and a movie costume designer("Smoke Signals")
Wow, I am cheering that they are gone. They sound nuts.

wcuhillbilly

Wow, I am cheering that they are gone. They sound nuts.
Us too... (wife and I) as the interior of the house was sheetrock from one end to the other and painted Pepto pink and turquoise green/water sprite. the attrocities continued with painting over all the tounged jointed corners of 7" pine window casings, Solid 6 panel pine doors all stained that hideous water sprite green. With remodeling we have agreed to stop asking the question "what were they thinking" and instead just tear it out and replace it with solid wood.

Another Ahab

Not everyone in jackson is a greeny, just like the home folks that i used to know in colorado who were trapped in boulder. But they lived in boulder before boulder became what it is now
Yeah, I get it. Washington, D.C. is like that too, almost everybody here now is from some other part of the country. Only a small few of us around actually from D.C. But that's part of the fun; keeps it lively.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks