• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What is the average gl auction price?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
For all the energy you spent complaining about repeated questions you could have just answered the question! You rant on and on about searching. Take a chill pill! No one forced you to read the thread!
I think more to the point is some newb coming on here calling people A$$holes. He had the same option - don't like the reply, then move on to the next one. It's like going to a BBQ you weren't invited to and then saying "Man your food sucks!"

My comment to him wasn't "do a search" it was "I need more information to answer your question." "What's the avg price of a 1999 Ford pickup?" Can't tell you because the range goes from 2WD beaters with 500k miles to tricked out 4x4 SuperCabs with 20k miles.

Civility can be quite lacking when you don't have to look a man in the eye when you call him names.

Last edited:

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
For all the energy you spent complaining about repeated questions you could have just answered the question! You rant on and on about searching. Take a chill pill! No one forced you to read the thread! Not everyone is good at searching this forum. Sometimes I have problems with finding the right threads because I may have not typed in the proper terms to get the results I was looking for. Some members like Clinto have a naac for searching the forum.

I do not read all the new posts because some just don't interest me. Maybe you should try that instead of being negative all the time! Some people seem to always see the negative side of things.

To answer the ORIGINAL question: I just got a M109 Truck for $1400 that looks to be in good shape but i have not seen it in person yet! I have had good luck with the MVs I have won on GL and drove them both home. That doesn't say that all of them out there are drivable off the GL lot.
I stand by my point. The guy (and other guys like him) come here and want the easy answers. I am not saying that I don't come here for answers when I can't figure something out, but I am not going to expect others to do work for me. I will try to figure something out and if I am unsuccesful, I will post to this list. I guess we have different ideas about what this site is about and how much effort should reasonably be expected. I still say that some guys want others to do their work for them; I can see that you are one of those guys.

flighht2k5

Banned
For all the energy you spent complaining about repeated questions you could have just answered the question! You rant on and on about searching. Take a chill pill! No one forced you to read the thread! Not everyone is good at searching this forum. Sometimes I have problems with finding the right threads because I may have not typed in the proper terms to get the results I was looking for. Some members like Clinto have a naac for searching the forum.

I do not read all the new posts because some just don't interest me. Maybe you should try that instead of being negative all the time! Some people seem to always see the negative side of things.

To answer the ORIGINAL question: I just got a M109 Truck for $1400 that looks to be in good shape but i have not seen it in person yet! I have had good luck with the MVs I have won on GL and drove them both home. That doesn't say that all of them out there are drivable off the GL lot.
Thank you you very much. :)

CUCVFAN

Gunner's Mate First Class
Steel Soldiers Supporter

What anyone paid for any truck is virtually meaningless, unless it is in the guy's backyard where he'll bid and in the exact condition that he can deal with. THAT's where he needs to do his homework. I paid $4635.24 for a winch deuce once and $1724.33 another time, but that doesn't mean anything. They were in two different places and in TWO DIFFERENT CONDITIONS!

The point is, these questions cannot really be answered in any meaningful manner, yet they keep getting asked over and over and over. Save the actual links to the auctions you want to watch and then go back after the sale closes. My recent experience has shown that GL no longer hides the final bid price on that page.

flighht2k5

Banned
I think more to the point is some newb coming on here calling people A$$holes. He had the same option - don't like the reply, then move on to the next one. It's like going to a BBQ you weren't invited to and then saying "Man your food sucks!"

My comment to him wasn't "do a search" it was "I need more information to answer your question." "What's the avg price of a 1999 Ford pickup?" Can't tell you because the range goes from 2WD beaters with 500k miles to tricked out 4x4 SuperCabs with 20k miles.

Civility can be quite lacking when you don't have to look a man in the eye when you call him names.
I joined the site before you did so I think that makes you the newbie. I tend not to hang around in the deuce forum, I am around the unimog forum more. I don't post a lot on here because there isn't really a lot I find interesting to read. But as
My original post stated, I was on my phone siting in the dentist office and it is a pain to search on my phone sometimes. By the time I finished pushing the button the receptionist was calling my name. So get over it. There will always be people asking questions over and over again. That is life. :)

Last edited:

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I joined the site before you did so I think that makes you the newbie. I tend not to hang around in the deuce forum, I am around the unimog forum more. I don't post a lot on here because there isn't really a lot I find interesting to read. But as
My original post stated, I was on my phone siting in the dentist office and it is a pain to search on my phone sometimes. By the time I finished pushing the button the receptionist was calling my name. So get over it. There will always be people asking questions over and over again. That is life. :)
When someone registered really has little to do with being a newbie. How much that person has contributed is more relevant. MKCOEN has posted relevant information and has been a productive member of this site.

halftrack

I have to agree with Bruce on this one.

I don't think challenging people to do their homework is a bad thing. But like it was stated before, the question is mute. I know what M936A2 wreckers cost, what they cost me, and what the govt paid for them, but in the end, it is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. So the answer is they go for whatever your willing to pay for it.

Also, I dont see why people find the need to personally attack others as with goldeneagles post. Bruce was not attacking but suggesting people to do homework. Calling people A$$holes and saying individuals are negative all the time is not the way to contribute to the site.

powerhouseduece

If you did your homework you wouldn't have to ask everyone for help in the first place! It's auction, you really don't know what your going to pay. Location plays a huge roll, what is already on the truck, how many miles, runner etc. Just getting on here and asking what you might pay is not going to help you at all. If you never bid on GL, nor own a deuce I suggest buying one second hand, that way all the hard stuff is already done, just pay for the truck and pick it up.(unless you ain't done your homework on buying a truck second hand also)

Now I'm going to make a few suggestions for you.
1 get on gl find a truck you think is ok for you, bid what you think it is worth and end it there.

2 buy a truck off a member and be done with it cause I know your next questions are going to be "how do I get a title" or how do I get my truck off base... stuff like that.

3 if your gong to call members (some of them personal friends) a$$holes then you can just GTFO! Just cause your too F'ING lazy to search don't make them *******s.

4 just gtfo! How's that for being a *******?

BTW, just cause your on a cell phone looking for answers don't make you look any less lazy, all this was sent on my Droid.

greenjeepster

Geeze people. It is a forum, not an archive. If you want an archive why don't you go ahead and build yourself a site that only has a search function and no ability to post and see how many members that attracts for you.

Answer the question or don't... I get sick of reading the same people complain, because people don't use the search function, as many of you get of answering the same questions over and over again.

Now I am going to go and start a new thread, asking a question, that probably has been asked before, and I aint going to run a search first.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Geeze people. It is a forum, not an archive. If you want an archive why don't you go ahead and build yourself a site that only has a search function and no ability to post and see how many members that attracts for you.

Answer the question or don't... I get sick of reading the same people complain, because people don't use the search function, as many of you get of answering the same questions over and over again.

Now I am going to go and start a new thread, asking a question, that probably has been asked before, and I aint going to run a search first.
This is part of a larger rant I am considering posting. But I had already written it as I knew someone would bring up this asinine archive issue.

............And this idea that the forum will become an archive. Or that it isn't a library.

OK, everything we know up to now IS archived-in the form of existing threads. What we continue to learn will be added. It should be added to the relevant threads, but if no relevant thread exists, a new one would be created. This is how human knowledge is added to. Every single time we devise a new word, we don't re-write the dictionary, we simply add to it.

Your local library? In 1950 there were no books about the surface of the moon or heart transplants. Because no one had been there or done that. But once it was done, the new information was............. wait for it.................... ADDED to the library. I can't believe sober adults can't grasp this. This idea that all the deuce or CUCV stuff has been discussed and therefore, without new threads covering repetitive ground the forum will die is so stupid it's insulting. There will only be a death of the forum when people stop learning new things. So saying the forum will become a library isn't an insult. ****, libraries are organized-I'd call it a compliment.

Last edited:

powerhouseduece

Here is the main problem with the search feature. Someone will create a post, lots of good info and very helpful. Then as the thread falls off the front page, someone post a thread asking a question that would have been answered in the previous post. Now when some one tells them to search they get there answer. Now there are 2 threads about the same dam thing. Those threads will fall off the main page and in a month someone will.ask the same question without searching. Now there are 3 threads about the same thing yet only 1 has the needed info on it. This happens every time someone don't search for something before they post and thats what makes it really hard for those that do.search because they have to wade through all the bullsh!t threads with no good info on them to find what they are looking for.

Now when someone has a question about gl and try to search, this thread will come up and have no usefulness what so ever.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Telling someone to go look it up does not help the person.
Actually it does. Teach a man to fish, he feeds himself forever; give him a fish, he eats once.

This from an old post. This is exactly why going over the same things over and over again is actually hurtful to the site and to the membership.

"But now, I find difficulty in using the search feature. Because of the duplication of topics. Instead of bumping an old thread to the top, people start a new thread. So now, when I do a search for head gasket, or axle seal, or towbar, I get a bazillion hits.

And since I get a bazillion hits, I either have to read 30 threads or................ START A NEW THREAD.

It seems most folks choose the latter and this only adds to the problem. It's like a snowball."

One day, we won't be able to find ANYTHING here.

greenjeepster

Well not everybody has read every thread and posting the same questions that have been answered before bring the topic back up and those of us who don't spend every minute of every day on the site might actually read something that, although it had been covered before, we haven't seen in the past. Plus with new members coming in all the time their will always be new ideas flowing into threads of old topics.

I hate the search feature, the way people title posts a lot of very relevant information can be missed in a search, and a lot of irrelevant info has to be searched through.

Farmun

I believe a lot of the problems mentioned above, could be resolved with a more robust search engine. I use the search quite frequently, but I still can't seem to get the correct syntax to locate what I am searching for. So I end up with 30+ threads that all seem to relate/refer back to one another, with a couple of useful posts relative to my original query. It's quite frustrating at times...

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Fun quiz

How many rules have been broken, in this thread?

I was recently asked "What good are rules, if they are not enforced?"

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Frodo, a year or two ago, I tried giving "search lessons" in chat, on a weekly schedule.

Guess what, nobody wanted to discuss or learn how to search more efficiently!

They want a hot platter of fish(not lessons how to fish).

I bet there will be peace in the Middle east, before people search efficiently!:deadhorse:

Last edited:

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Fun quiz

How many rules have been broken, in this thread?

I was recently asked "What good are rules, if they are not enforced?"

So if I said I'd be willing to sell the OP info he was asking for would that be within the guidelines?:D

Status
Not open for further replies.