• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What is the average gl auction price?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tinwoodsman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I participate in numerous forums and this subject comes up often. I do not see why everyone get their panties in a twist when someone asks a question. I have tried searches and have had little luck and then started a thread only to be scolded. Bottom line is you are not required to read or answer any thread. If is is repetitive, then just go on to the next thread and let interested parties participate. :deadhorse:

RAYZER

I participate in numerous forums and this subject comes up often. I do not see why everyone get their panties in a twist when someone asks a question. I have tried searches and have had little luck and then started a thread only to be scolded. Bottom line is you are not required to read or answer any thread. If is is repetitive, then just go on to the next thread and let interested parties participate. :deadhorse:
I agree! And if everyone hasn't noticed yet, the guy who started all of this has been sent on vacation .

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
This seems like a very correct and fair assessment, with one exception.

We moderators do need to "guide" the forum users in a way that helps keep the site running in the direction we(Admin & Mods) want.

All forum members need to be polite and helpful, or just stay away from the thread.

goldneagle

POLITE and HELPFUL , check! I agree DH. You are the voice of reason here! Thank you for your voluntary service here on SS.

GE[thumbzup]

CUCVFAN

Gunner's Mate First Class
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes Bruce you are right...you are always right..you never make mistakes ..you are perfect...you are all knowing...

I thought that position was already filled? by GOD

I know what i say about you, and you proved me right! You have all the answers and GOD help the one that disagrees with you! The wrath of GOD shall fall on their heads!

Didn't they make a MOVIE about it? BRUCE ALMIGHTY
rofl
Huh? Have you ever met Bruce? Talked to him? He's a great asset on this forum. He has owned more trucks than most regular guys I know in this hobbby. From M274's to M151's to Deuces, M39's, M809's, M939's and the AM General 900's (915, 916, 917, etc...). He has a lot of experience with these trucks and does not, by any means, think he knows everything.

BTW, Where was your "POLITE and HELPFUL , check! I agree DH" view on this one?

Man, this thread is like a drunken vigilante... Out of control and should be locked up.

paulfarber

Please don't ban me for being honest:

How about the 'alte hess' just BE QUIET and NOT POST drivel in a thread they obviously DON'T want to participate in???

I think that answering similar questions is good because that will inevitably bring up MORE questions that are new. If the Alte Hess have all the answers, then FAQ it up and make it a sticky. *THEN* you can post 'read the FAQ' and put a link to it.... remember FAQ = FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS.

Also, every search engine sucks. For a variety of reasons, but if Google can't get it right 100% of the time you expect a free/low cost BBS script to do it? PUH-LEASE.

Apologies to all for being blunt.

BTW my $0.02 is that an M35A2 off GL I would not pay more than $2500 for and for that I preview, start etc. For a private sale maybe $4k depending on truck and if they have receipts for maint items and they at least wash the GL item number off the bumper.

goldneagle

Huh? Have you ever met Bruce? Talked to him? He's a great asset on this forum. He has owned more trucks than most regular guys I know in this hobbby. From M274's to M151's to Deuces, M39's, M809's, M939's and the AM General 900's (915, 916, 917, etc...). He has a lot of experience with these trucks and does not, by any means, think he knows everything.

BTW, Where was your "POLITE and HELPFUL , check! I agree DH" view on this one?

Man, this thread is like a drunken vigilante... Out of control and should be locked up.
I answered the originator's question POLITELY. An actual answer. :deadhorse:

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
GE, you seem to have all of the answers. Why don't you volunteer to rename the old threads instead of heaping additional work and responsibility on CLINTO or another moderator?!?! You seem really helpful. You helped out the original poster. Now, help the site out.
I did volunteer to take several topics and combine all the info so it could be found easier about a year ago. the problem is, You can't combine threads without permission. I let mangus and steelsoldiers know I was willing to do this but haven't heard anything since I brought it up. All I got from them was "yea, that's a good idea" but nothing else.

Here's a link to the thread I started- http://www.steelsoldiers.com/ss-mai...ggestions/45204-need-help-compiling-info.html

I'm still willing to do this but if management doesn't care enough about this to give me some direction, it won't get done.

I've accually volunteered to do several things that would help the site IMO but have never been taken up on it.

KsM715

Geeze, How did this get this far without being locked or deleted?

I thought we had rules around here about getting temporarily banned for fighting or bickering in the forums.

Side note: Do some here not realize when you type in a title for a new thread it does a search for you and asks you to check out those threads before posting a new one?

Bobbed4x4

Banned
Actually it does. Teach a man to fish, he feeds himself forever; give him a fish, he eats once.

Actually this in not true... If you teach a man to fish, THEN he must aquire a fishing license, pay the taxes for the priveledge to catch that fish. He must also learn that he may not be able to keep the fish he catches, he must know quotas, daily limits, possesion limits, and/or length restrictions if any. So in fact, i just may in fact be better to just throw the man a fish every once in a while.

Disclaimer... This post is intended for the purpose of a little humor, any responses intended or implied will not be viewed, responded to or seen by this author.

On the serious side, this post is the exact reason why I'll never start a post asking a question. If I can't find the answer, I'll let it go unanswered rather than ask someone here.... truth be told, some of you guys are pretty abrasive with your "Do a search" comments....

Status
Not open for further replies.