• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What is this and what does it do?

MarcusOReallyus

I am glad my post was entertaining.

I am new CUCV Mechanic. I am sorry I don't have the experience as a mechanic or working on CUCVs.

Hey, no sweat, jj. We're not making fun of you. We're just having fun. You just gave us a straight line and we're running with it. :beer:

Seriously, just trace the line back to the other end, tell us what you find there, and we'll get serious about helping you. Until then, we'll probably continue to be a bunch of goofy idiots having fun with your thread, just because it's there. All in good SS family fun. (Think Three Stooges or Abbot & Costello.) :patracy:

:mrgreen:

stationjj

Hello All,

No worries. I am not offended. Sorry if got a little defensive on my part.

I didn't understand really what the joke was. Yes, I understand now why the post is funny.
I set myself up for that one. HAHA!

All Is good.

Thank You,

stationjj

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
So, did you follow it yet? A reply would be polite. Many of us would like to learn from your(lstill acking) follow-up post.

I have given it a bunch of thought(over the last few days, in anticipation of your reply).

In your picture, it appears your truck has modified. Your fuel filter setup has been replaced with a spin-on filter. If that is the case, I'd bet the hose in question, is the old water in fuel, drain hose and someone just stuck a bolt in it(never looking or thinking what it was). It should have hung straight down(not go over the engine).

I could be all wrong, but without more info from you, all I can do is ponder and guess.

stationjj

Sorry I haven't had a chance to trace the hose.

I am troubleshooting Gen1 issues.

Doghead, the idea as part of the old fuel filter sounds good. I need to verify. I had someone add the new fuel filter for me.

I will trace and verify and report back when I know something.

stationjj