• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

what is this road tractor

Rockcrusher

yes sir it runs no brakes has 6 cyl gmc an auto still drug them out of bushes an work on them when i can here is other one i got last weekend 1 wheel rolls others are stuck motor runs

Attachments

Rockcrusher

my biggest thing is getting them home I have found a dump in the mtns of nc a dump convert in hilton head and one with a well drilling apperatus on the back

jollyroger

Thats a run-of-the-mill oil field head ache rack. Seen plenty of them.
Roger that. I saw the rack and the rear winch and assumed it was a bolster truck as they are set up that way. After seeing a rear view it does not have the bolster truck headache rack. You da man.:grin:

Also you will like the 200 series truck. My dad and I just got an M-220 and it is a great change of pace from the M-35's and 800 series trucks. It is fun to play with. Driving the Hydromatic is enjoyable. They ARE NOT speedy by any stretch. Even if you threw them off a cliff they are not fast. But really none of our trucks are that fast. If we want fast were driving the wrong thing.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
I think it STARTED AS a m54 or something that used the same frame, that is not a military 5th wheel, and there is a LOT of space between the 5th wheel and the cab, also the missing right tank was a add on step tank

Last edited:

jollyroger

Yep. If its any "Army truck" that is not as small as a jeep its either a deuce or a power wagon.
I've had people call my M-37 a deuce. Then people have called that same truck a Jeep......I'd rather they just asked me what it was so we could have a conversation about it. Much the same as this post. I have enjoyed this conversation.[thumbzup]

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks