• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

what is this road tractor

Rockcrusher

yes sir it runs no brakes has 6 cyl gmc an auto still drug them out of bushes an work on them when i can here is other one i got last weekend 1 wheel rolls others are stuck motor runs

Attachments

Rockcrusher

my biggest thing is getting them home I have found a dump in the mtns of nc a dump convert in hilton head and one with a well drilling apperatus on the back

jollyroger

Thats a run-of-the-mill oil field head ache rack. Seen plenty of them.
Roger that. I saw the rack and the rear winch and assumed it was a bolster truck as they are set up that way. After seeing a rear view it does not have the bolster truck headache rack. You da man.:grin:

Also you will like the 200 series truck. My dad and I just got an M-220 and it is a great change of pace from the M-35's and 800 series trucks. It is fun to play with. Driving the Hydromatic is enjoyable. They ARE NOT speedy by any stretch. Even if you threw them off a cliff they are not fast. But really none of our trucks are that fast. If we want fast were driving the wrong thing.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
I think it STARTED AS a m54 or something that used the same frame, that is not a military 5th wheel, and there is a LOT of space between the 5th wheel and the cab, also the missing right tank was a add on step tank

Last edited:

jollyroger

Yep. If its any "Army truck" that is not as small as a jeep its either a deuce or a power wagon.
I've had people call my M-37 a deuce. Then people have called that same truck a Jeep......I'd rather they just asked me what it was so we could have a conversation about it. Much the same as this post. I have enjoyed this conversation.[thumbzup]