• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What is wrong with pic loading?

3dAngus

I can only load one picture at a time. It's changed, but not sure why it would lock up your PC. At least it's not "knocked up".

3dAngus

Mules, were you able to select two pictures at once, and load them simultaneously, without loading one, then going back and loading the other. I used to be able to load about 8 or so at one time just by selecting them all. I might be doing something wrong.

edit:
I found an awkward way to do it. You click on "+", it adds another browse feature.
You can add a second picture.
Click on "+" again, it adds another browse feature. You can add another.

Prior, you could just select a range of pictures with
one swipe. NO biggie, Just different.

Last edited:

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I wasn't aware of the impact, but last week vBulletin released a blurb about the YUI uploader.swf being exploited. (It's a little technical, but here it is)

http://yuilibrary.com/support/20131111-vulnerability/

The exploit uses something that Yahoo has end of life the support of. So there's no one to resolve it. Unfortunately the "fix" is to delete it. Which I did last week. I have found a different means that I've set the board to default to automatically. At least it shouldn't cause people to wonder why it's not uploading. But we've lost the cool front end to upload images. :(

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
And here's the email I got from vBulletin. Notice the "screw you" at the very end. :(

It has come to our attention that there is a security issue in the uploader.swf file included as part of the Yahoo User Interface (YUI) library included in vBulletin 4. As the version of YUI included in vBulletin is end-of-lifed, Yahoo will not be fixing this issue. Their recommendation is to remove the file from your server. We recommend that you replace this with an empty file of the same name (attached). What this will do is force vBulletin to use a fallback javascript based uploader which is already provided in your system.

See: http://yuilibrary.com/support/20131111-vulnerability/

The vulnerable file is also present in the vBulletin 5 download package though not used by the vBulletin 5 front-end. We recommend that you delete the file and replace it with the attached file.

We have also updated all download packages for vBulletin 4.X and 5.X with the new empty file.

To resolve this issue take the following steps:
Delete uploader.swf located in clientscript/yui/uploader/assets or /core/clientscript/yui/uploader/assets
Replace it with the attached file.
Alternatively, you can download the vBulletin package for your version and replace it from that download.

Note: We will not be fixing the vulnerability in the SWF file directly nor do we plan to take any other action on this issue at this time.

steve6x6x6

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The box that has pic's in it is a small amount of pic's i have on file, i am unable to get to the pic's i want in my file. I can click on "add files" and open up 5 or 6 "browse" box's and load it up but it will never post them and lock it up.

Last edited:

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
The box that has pic's in it is a small amount of pic's i have on file, i am unable to get to the pic's i want in my file. I can click on "add files" and open up 5 or 6 "browse" box's and load it up but it will need post them and lock it up.
The original screen that you used to see will not display anymore. It's going to have to be a one by one upload now. The screen will now give you a browse button to allow you to go search for the file you want on your desktop.

Unfortunately this issue is from Yahoo having an exploit. They decided to just pull everything down. vBulletin (whom makes the software our forum runs on) uses the uploader file/system Yahoo releases. So they're simply passing the buck on the issue from Yahoo.

glassk

003 Penguin-On-The-Beach.jpg20131127_133150.jpg
The quick reply is what I had Tried, Turns out Go advanced , manage attachment and Looks like I can add Files and they pop right in, sorry just two Jpegs I tried and they worked

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
View attachment 471670View attachment 471669
The quick reply is what I had Tried, Turns out Go advanced , manage attachment and Looks like I can add Files and they pop right in, sorry just two Jpegs I tried and they worked
Yup, going advanced means the manage attachements uses the uploadattachment.php file instead of the YUI uploader.swf in the quick reply window.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Moved to the Website Help forum.

Patracy, thank you for all your work behind the scenes. It is appreciated.

steve6x6x6

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have tryed 4 times and locked my PC up and loose eveything I have typed trying to open a new thread. I can post only what pic's are in that little box. I have closed out SS and reopened with log in, I give up.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks