• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

what ive learned after a 10 hour trip

rattlecan6104

so I drove all over washington today picking up waste motor oil and such, and after the trip was over I came to a few realizations....

1st - My arms are painfully sore, power steering would be a great upgrade
2nd - I now know what the term "deuce butt" really means
3rd - The deuce didnt seem too loud to me before, but after 10 hours, it is!
4th - don' rely on estimated times from internet directions, they dont realize you top out at 56 mph
And 5th - Free fuel is awesome:grin:

just had to share with you guys

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
1st - My arms are painfully sore, power steering would be a great upgrade
2nd - I now know what the term "deuce butt" really means
3rd - The deuce didnt seem too loud to me before, but after 10 hours, it is!
4th - don' rely on estimated times from internet directions, they dont realize you top out at 56 mph
And 5th - Free fuel is awesome:grin:
(1) There are several aftermarket power steering upgrades available for the deuce...plus several of our "shade tree fabricators" are working on upgrades.
As an old phart I feel your pain.

(2) "Deuce Butt" can be cured by a spring seat with enhanced cushions or, as I plan for my wrecker, air ride seats scavanged from a commercial vehicle.

(3) HUH???WHAT!!!!Yep. They're loud......been driving them since 74 and they ain't got any quieter. Adding a muffler can help or re-routing the exhaust to the rear works. I always use hearing protectors and encourage others to do so.

(4) Slow but steady...that's the deuce. But what a load you can haul.

(5) Free is a realitive term...you have to count your time and effort. But inexpensive fuel is just as good.

When I advertise my trucks I always put in: "The toughest trucks ever built".

Ya gotta love a deuce.

spentshell

I had Deuce butt so bad one time I had to sit on the passenger seat and drive for while. Now I have plenty of extra padding added to the seat, it only took 1 long trip to fix that.

rattlecan6104

I scored about 150 gallons of mixed stuff, oil, tranny fluid, gas, and a small ammount of brake fluid, the trip was more of a get out of the house adventure than anything, it just happened to pay for itself and then some.

Truck already has a spring suspension seat, but I definately feel that extra padding is in order.

My passenger wasnt too happy with the noise level either, If I can I just want to use sound deadening material in the cab to reduce noise, hopefully to the point to where I dont need the muffler, I am kinda stubborn like that.

rattlecan6104

yeah about the cover, it started to rain last night and I didnt want any chane of contamination so I just used a tarp and bungee cords, nothing special, but I am now wondering if I can make a cargo cover with a large enough tarp.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks