• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

what ive learned after a 10 hour trip

rattlecan6104

so I drove all over washington today picking up waste motor oil and such, and after the trip was over I came to a few realizations....

1st - My arms are painfully sore, power steering would be a great upgrade
2nd - I now know what the term "deuce butt" really means
3rd - The deuce didnt seem too loud to me before, but after 10 hours, it is!
4th - don' rely on estimated times from internet directions, they dont realize you top out at 56 mph
And 5th - Free fuel is awesome:grin:

just had to share with you guys

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
1st - My arms are painfully sore, power steering would be a great upgrade
2nd - I now know what the term "deuce butt" really means
3rd - The deuce didnt seem too loud to me before, but after 10 hours, it is!
4th - don' rely on estimated times from internet directions, they dont realize you top out at 56 mph
And 5th - Free fuel is awesome:grin:
(1) There are several aftermarket power steering upgrades available for the deuce...plus several of our "shade tree fabricators" are working on upgrades.
As an old phart I feel your pain.

(2) "Deuce Butt" can be cured by a spring seat with enhanced cushions or, as I plan for my wrecker, air ride seats scavanged from a commercial vehicle.

(3) HUH???WHAT!!!!Yep. They're loud......been driving them since 74 and they ain't got any quieter. Adding a muffler can help or re-routing the exhaust to the rear works. I always use hearing protectors and encourage others to do so.

(4) Slow but steady...that's the deuce. But what a load you can haul.

(5) Free is a realitive term...you have to count your time and effort. But inexpensive fuel is just as good.

When I advertise my trucks I always put in: "The toughest trucks ever built".

Ya gotta love a deuce.

spentshell

I had Deuce butt so bad one time I had to sit on the passenger seat and drive for while. Now I have plenty of extra padding added to the seat, it only took 1 long trip to fix that.

rattlecan6104

I scored about 150 gallons of mixed stuff, oil, tranny fluid, gas, and a small ammount of brake fluid, the trip was more of a get out of the house adventure than anything, it just happened to pay for itself and then some.

Truck already has a spring suspension seat, but I definately feel that extra padding is in order.

My passenger wasnt too happy with the noise level either, If I can I just want to use sound deadening material in the cab to reduce noise, hopefully to the point to where I dont need the muffler, I am kinda stubborn like that.

rattlecan6104

yeah about the cover, it started to rain last night and I didnt want any chane of contamination so I just used a tarp and bungee cords, nothing special, but I am now wondering if I can make a cargo cover with a large enough tarp.

Attachments