• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

what kind of pyrometer are you using?

rustystud

I've seen one on a deuce (here in some older pages), I wonder if it would pull a higher-negative while going downgrade, near over rev territory.
It would let you know if you lost the turbo or sprung a air leak in a hose. In normal operation though the turbo would never allow negative pressures. At work we do have very sensitive gauges that we connect to the truck to verify problems and it does go negative for the reasons I mentioned.

2deuce

The picture isn't good but you get the idea. I installed a Hewitt gage, and autometer cup from napa. No electrical needed for the gage to operate, but to illuminate at night ask them for a 24 volt application. There was no extra charge. I wired it to the dash lights. I think the steering column is the ideal place, and I like having the pyro gage by itself so you see it and not have to look for it, keeping your eyes on the road except for a glance. Trust me....you will look at the pyro gage a lot. I find a boost gage is clutter and a distraction for when you want to see what the temp is doing. Also the boost on a deuce doesn't mean much unless you have none and even then you would probably know without looking at the gage, The pyro is where the action is.

Attachments

18operator

I ordered the dual pyro gauge and boost gauge thermocouples and lead wires with shipping was just under $320 from Hewitt Ind.. I wanted a dual pyro to get both sides of the manifold, (I know, just my preference). I'll install them, then do a FDC bypass.

Last edited:

rustystud

I ordered the dual pyro gauge and boost gauge thermocouples and lead wires with shipping was just under $320 from Hewitt Ind.. I wanted a dual pyro to get both sides of the manifold, (I know, just my preference). I'll install them, then do a FDC bypass.

Hewitt makes the finest Pyro's on the market in my opinion. I went with the Hewitt pyro and boost gauges myself.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks