• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What model is this?

SandBar

Full Time Patriot
Thank you. what would be a fair price? Supposedly starts up and runs, just leaks hydraulic oil.

fuzzytoaster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
M51A2 for sure. That's the LDS multifuel. In my limited opinion $2500-ish. She looks rough but it's a dump truck, but it's prone to the same issues as the M35A2s, it's missing the tailgate, how bad the oil leak is, and title (if it exists), leave a lot to determine exact value. It has a hard top so that's a plus.

SandBar

Full Time Patriot
My goal would be to use around the property and the local parades. Looks like I can snag it for about 1500. How difficult is it going to be to find a drivers door? Do they whistle like a deuce?

SandBar

Full Time Patriot
I'm thinking it's gonna be a long day sandblasting and painting this beast. I read they were sometimes outfitted with bows and crew seats in the bed?

eric67camino

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm thinking it's gonna be a long day sandblasting and painting this beast. I read they were sometimes outfitted with bows and crew seats in the bed?
They were. Looks pretty cool, in my opinion.

EDIT: I guess that actually an m817, but same bed.

Attachments

Reactions: 98G

SandBar

Full Time Patriot
Am I thinking correct that a truck this old is NOT CARC painted? Fingers crossed, it would make painting it so much easier if not.

Ajax MD

Man, that old soldier is rough.

If you have the time and space to mess with it, $1500 is good. I wouldn't try to drive it home though, not without going through the brakes. The dump mechanism is an additional system to go through, for safety.

SandBar

Full Time Patriot
A whole 14 miles give or take depending on what roads you choose. Can't find anything cheaper.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks