• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What model K5 Blazer is the M1009?

Chaos333

For theM1009 what model K5 Blazer do I use when ordering parts? I do know it should be a 1984 K5 Blazer but they all ask if it is a Custom, Scottsdale or Silverado. I am looking for inside door panels and a dash cover.

I did do a search but I could not find anyting.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The Silverados where reserved for the Generals. The grunts got the Customs. :tank:

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Custom Deluxe.

Did the door panels differentiate that much between those models? I thought they were all the same...
Silverado door panels are quite different. They do fit though if you have all the inserts/panels.

Vhyle

Silverado door panels are quite different. They do fit though if you have all the inserts/panels.
Ah yeah, that's right. The Silverado panels have that stupid leather strap that always break off at the mounting point. I've never seen an old Silverado with one of those intact.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Found on the Interwebs,

The M-1009 is a Commercial Utility Cargo Vehicle (CUCV pronounced "cuck-vee"), a military modified Chevrolet/General Motors Model K10516 (K5) Blazer with a 3/4 ton rating. The CUCVs were an attempt by the U.S. military to use COTS (commercial, off-the-shelf) vehicles with minor modification in non-combat roles. This effort to save money was not very successful and eventually all CUCV units where replaced by HMMWVs.
The M1009 was produced for the U.S. military from 1983 to 1986. The M1009 differs from the civilian Blazer in that it has a heavier spring in the suspenstion and has no air conditioning.

Last edited:

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Found on the Interwebs,

The M-1009 is a Commercial Utility Cargo Vehicle (CUCV pronounced "cuck-vee"), a military modified Chevrolet/General Motors Model K10516 (K5) Blazer with a 3/4 ton rating. The CUCVs were an attempt by the U.S. military to use COTS (commercial, off-the-shelf) vehicles with minor modification in non-combat roles. This effort to save money was not very successful and eventually all CUCV units where replaced by HMMWVs.
The M1009 was produced for the U.S. military from 1983 to 1986. The M1009 differs from the civilian Blazer in that it has a heavier spring in the suspenstion and has no air conditioning.
Isn't it also considered a D10 Blazer

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Also found on the wide world of webs,

M1009 [K10516] ~ Utility version of the General Motors Model K10516.
M1009 [CD10516] ~ Utility version of the Chevrolet CD10516.

Skinny

I like how the government found the CUCV program unsuccessful. You can buy every model of CUCV for the price of one HMMWV! Of course as long as we are talking non-combat role. I wouldn't want to be getting shot at in a K5 Blazer...bad time to snap a 10-bolt!!!

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Found on the Interwebs,

OOOOOO-AHHHH. I think everyone should bow to the great DHs interweb skills. I sit in awe. So how do you spell that interweb word? Do I have to pay extra since all I got is the internet version?

DH, you're my hero.

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Personally, I prefer to use the Infobahn.

Last edited: