• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

~~What Not to do with a Deuce~~

plym49

Don't tell your wife that they drive just fine on the highway, and that cruising at 55 is not like being pulled behind a tractor-trailer on a rope. sitting in an office chair, holding a storm window in front of you. Because, even though it is not, she is likely to conclude that it is.

shenkmen

Snag your shorts on the parking brake handle when getting out of the truck. You WILL cause the truck to roll and possibly rip your shorts.
Umm... I did this. Twice. I used my house to stop the truck both times. Hood up, nose in the garage. I only crunched the rain gutter a little since it was just a 6 inch roll before the deuce hit. Bent the hood up - literally. had to put two ratchet straps on the hood and bend it back down. Oddly the hood mates better now then before.

The wife thinks pressure washing the house dented the rain gutter. Whatever.

Since then, when I get out of the truck my hand is on the park brake.

91W350

Along the same lines, do not put your dog on a short leash and let him follow you out the driver's door. Sir did a really nasty looking forward flip hanging exit. Did not slow him down any or his desire to go. What are the odds that hand loop would catch the park brake handle?

Goose2448

I tried running with my GSD once, and after tripping on here a half million times, I decided I would never try to bike with her let alone run next to the truck.

Also just because its a Mulifuel, does not mean you can pee in the fuel tank after a heavy night of your favorite adult beverage....

plym49

When you have been behind the wheel of your Deuce for four hours and you stop for fuel, and you go into the quickie mart to buy that huge cup of coffee you have been dreaming about for the entire drive, and you make yourself a perfect 24 oz cup of hot coffee with just the right amount of cream and sugar, and you are dying to drink that great cup of coffee, and you pay for the fuel and are about to climb up into the deuce, so you place the coffee cup on the floor of the Deuce so that you will not spill it while climbing up - you know, the cup you have been waiting hours to drink - and then you swing up into the seat, then what you do not want to do at this point is to knock over the coffee with your big a$$ feet, especially if you are trying to make a ferry and you can't spare the few minutes to go back inside for another cup.

You do not want to do this.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Driving the truck around for a few hours just putting around town. Get home and park it and need to run get something in your personal truck that is also a manual and you push the clutch pedal through the floor and 6 ft into the dang ground.

jaymcb

Driving a deuce for the first time, and getting used to the 'deuce steering' play, and the level of brake effort required to stop. Park your deuce and get into your modern (2008 ) vehicle with tight steering and 4wheel disc ABS, and have someone cut you off in the first mile driving your daily driver..

You will have 'excess steering and brake pedal input syndrome'. :p Enough steering effort to swerve the truck HARD, and enough brake effort to activate the ABS :)

You will get a funny/wtf? look from your passenger, that's for sure.

Last edited:

goldneagle

When done installing an automatic deadbolt with a remote control on a M109 rear door - do not leave the remote outside and install the lock backwards with yourself inside the box.

You cannot climb out that small window - You cannot scream loud enough for anyone to hear you - cause you were probably working on it when the wifey was gone to surprise her - you left your cell outside as well and she is running really late to get you out.

There are no holes in the floor to pee through either.

I will deny someone ever did this as well. (but don't do it - its a biayitch)
How long would that theoretical person be stuck in there? How would that theoretical person relieve himself?

A

A/C Cages

Get used to shifting the deuce and then jump into your corvette and almost strip out the gears and put the clutch thru the floor.
I didnt like doing that so I sold the corvette. Deuce was more pratical to keep.

Cardinals23

Read these posts and then suddenly question your latest impulse buy, but only for a second! I'm still in both feet pending my EUC. Can't wait! M35A3 here I come.