• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What % of trucks work??

dm22630

What percentage of the 2 1/2 & 5 ton trucks from GL actually are roadworthy?

I know that they have dead batteries & flat tires a lot of the time, but other than that.....like big mechanical problems, etc?

Also, are certain GL sites draining all of the fluids out of them for some reason?

I would assume that the best advice will be to check any vehicle that you want to buy BEFORE bidding.....but for a non-mechanic like myself.....other than leaks or cracks....I wouldnt know what to look for.

Thanks!

Daniel

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
They used to include a photo of the tachometer showing 600-1200 RPM a sure sign it was a runner. Have not seen those in a long time. Mine had it and I bought it sight unseen and drove it home 300 miles all that was wrong was a valve stem that was loose on a steering tire. Ran like a top and has ever since. Most of our problems with trucks were from Soldiers speeding and overreving the engine a real leadership issue so if there were good NCO's in the unit it came from the truck should be in good shape. I have seen some installations that drain all fluids what a waste because most PMCS always updated the fluids regularly.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks