• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What % of trucks work??

dm22630

What percentage of the 2 1/2 & 5 ton trucks from GL actually are roadworthy?

I know that they have dead batteries & flat tires a lot of the time, but other than that.....like big mechanical problems, etc?

Also, are certain GL sites draining all of the fluids out of them for some reason?

I would assume that the best advice will be to check any vehicle that you want to buy BEFORE bidding.....but for a non-mechanic like myself.....other than leaks or cracks....I wouldnt know what to look for.

Thanks!

Daniel

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
They used to include a photo of the tachometer showing 600-1200 RPM a sure sign it was a runner. Have not seen those in a long time. Mine had it and I bought it sight unseen and drove it home 300 miles all that was wrong was a valve stem that was loose on a steering tire. Ran like a top and has ever since. Most of our problems with trucks were from Soldiers speeding and overreving the engine a real leadership issue so if there were good NCO's in the unit it came from the truck should be in good shape. I have seen some installations that drain all fluids what a waste because most PMCS always updated the fluids regularly.