• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What should I pay 1989 AM General M998 HMMWV 2 Door Soft Top w/Truck Body

Bigfan

Be patient. Just had Humvee delivered couple of weeks ago. I got really lucky. Truck is in amazing shape for being a 1989. Look in pictures and find one that has CARC. Mine was reman in 2006 has 6.5l. Took to mechanic to change all the fluids and hoses and belts and he said it’s in great shape. It arrived one quart low on oil but there are no leaks. Only rust under truck iI have found is the exhaust which is normal. Hubs and everything else look like new.

Took 11 weeks to get through euc. Now I have the Humvee and they said it will be another 30-60 days to receive title. So be patient. Not a quick process

tgh567

How many batteries are in them usually, 2-3? I definitely won't try anything until I charge up the batteries. Well tomorrow is the day that I'll know if I won the auction.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
How many batteries are in them usually, 2-3? I definitely won't try anything until I charge up the batteries. Well tomorrow is the day that I'll know if I won the auction.
There are 2 batteries . Since you are totally green to these I would recommend downloading and reading the operators TM . This will give you basic knowledge of the vehicle and should be done before anyone operates one . it can save you costly repairs from improper operation and a safety factor. Should you win this auction you will have 2-3 months waiting for your EUC to clear before you can take possession of your new truck anyway . Use the time read the TM's and threads here and educate yourself on these.

Link to operators TM:
TM-9-2320-280-10.pdf
TM-9-2320-280-10 Operators manual for the M998 series truck. June 1991.

Link to the rest of the TM's;
[h=1]TM's for the M998 series[/h]

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks