• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What states have you driven your deuce in?

nhdiesel

When I drove Beaubeau's Deuce home, I drove through PA, New Jersey, New York, Connecticut, Mass., and N.H.

When I drive mine home, it will be the above states plus Ohio and Kentucky.

Jim

chris837rj

I have driven mine through Oregon, Washington, Idaho, Wyoming, Colorado, New Mexico, Kansas, Oklahoma and Texas. The longest time in the seat straight though was 23 hours. No breaks but for fuel! :twisted:

nhdiesel

:driver: That will be me. I've been trying to find a co-driver, and thought I had one lined up, but his work schedule conflicts with the discount plane tickets I found, so no co-driver. For some reason my friends all want to work and stuff, instead of riding 20+ hours in a Deuce.

Anyone on SS want a free ride from Kentucky to N.H.? :grin:

Jim

So far I've gone through:
Virginia
North Carolina
South Carolina
Georgia
Alabama

But early next year me and my family will be making a long trip from here in Fort Benning, GA to Las Vegas, NV for me to start a recruiting job. That should be a fun one.

GoHot229

Just one, SC. I'v had it about a year now and am getting brave enough to take it on longer and longer drives. It takes a while and alot of reading here in SS to know what you have and what to expect and then to guage the trustworthyness of your outfit. I believe that the last diffinative test would be to have the oil tested to guage the condition of the bearings by seeing the results of the metal contents, that is, barring pulling the pan and or rocker cover. All in all I think mine is pretty sound. That and being right next to SC. living here in NC. its a bit of a ways to any 'next' state mileage wise. But yea, I'm confident, now we just need a meet here in NC. within a hundered miles or so to test my observations.

rchalmers3

Half a mile from the Broad River
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I believe that the last diffinative test would be to have the oil tested to guage the condition of the bearings by seeing the results of the metal contents, that is, barring pulling the pan and or rocker cover.
Go Hot, have you considered having an analysis done of an oil sample from the engine?

You may find it more informative and way cheaper to have the analysis done than to dis-assemble the motor for a visual.

My driving in a deuce thus far is along the I 95 corridor from actionfigurebob's farm in Ellicott City Maryland to Port Everglades Florida.

Thus I have covered:

Maryland
Virginia
North Carolina
South Carolina
Georgia
Florida

My next purchase and transit will probably again be along the eastern seaboard, as the only shipping ports serving Costa Rica are Miami and Port Everglades.

Rick

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks