• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

what to do with this winch??

bugwugger

pm sent eagle, dont wanna make this post sound like a classified ad. But with an estimated weight of 6000 lbs, transfer would have to be from truck to truck or use of book truck. If anyone is interested please please PM me.

Militoy

did it come with a small remote winch to pull that cable out? I can only imagine how much 200ft of 1 in cable weighs
If it's fiber core cable it works out to around 336 pounds for the full length - IWRC cable would be 370 pounds. Not as heavy as you might imagine - but a heck of a load to just pick up and drag out by hand!

greenjeepster

That is a neat winch, what did the trucks former owner use this for? It is a mechanical mule, probably was built for moving logs in a sawmill.

Personally I would not part with it, but I need therapy.

On second look I noted the capstan winch attached to the end... this was probably on a ship at one time or used by a railroad.

Last edited:

bugwugger

Owner used it for semi recovery. Used to site on a hill during the winter and pull em up the hill. Used front winch to hook to. I had to buy the truck with the winch even though I couldnt use it :/

bugwugger

Thanks everyone for the help. Glad to see people are interested. Im going to post this in SS classifieds soon, but for now I will put it on CL in cincinnati.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks