• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What trailers are appropriate for the 7 Ton?

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Only two trailers I'm seeing that might be compatible is the 5 ton M1095 and the 2.5 ton M1082.
Anyone tell me how it runs pulling those?
The 1082s and 95s do not weigh anything. It takes a heavy trailer to drag a 400hp truck down. The usmc does not use either trailer so we have so military photos or feedback. They are pretty useless trailers without having a forklift.

The globe and load king trailers are equipped with 385 or 425 super singles to make them light to pull.

The MK105 and mk593 are the basic cargo trailer pulled behind the MTVR. The mk149 WB is also used.

Mk31 variants pull versions of the m872s, m970s, m870a1,a2,as and other lowboy types

They will pull the mk17 flatbed rbu units just fine as well

M989A1s and M989 flatbed trailers can easily be pulled

JonM934

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Only two trailers I'm seeing that might be compatible is the 5 ton M1095 and the 2.5 ton M1082.
Anyone tell me how it runs pulling those?
Oshkosh made trailers specific for the 7 Ton. I have never seen any for sale.

MK105: cargo trailer, tandem axle max payload 8,000 pounds.
MK149: water trailer, tandem axle water tank can hold 600 gallons.
MK353: Generator trailer, tandem axle, 30 kw and 60 kw generators.

Jon

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Is there a good reason not to try with a M1102?
Also, how do the flatbeds perform in semi rough terrain? Not planning on mudding with it, just curious.
M1102 is made for a hmmwv. You can't see it behind the truck

The Globe trailers are designed for offroad use. As demonstrated in Afghanistan to recover damaged vehicles and equipment that has been immobilized

JonM934

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I seen many Marine photos of the 7 Ton pulling a M105A2. I have both so I will get a photo of them together and post it.

fasttruck

The issue with pintle towed trailers is to get the load balanced so (front heavy) you don't overload the drawbar or bring the front wheels off the ground or (rear heavy) lift the back of the towing vehicle off the ground either of which could result in overloaded tires and axles. trucks 2.5t and bigger have swiveling pintle hooks to allow the truck and the trailer to oscillate in different directions at the same time without damaging the drawbar on the truck or the trailer. A grease fitting is supplied on the truck to keep everything moving freely. Neglect it at your own peril.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
This is why the mk31s have Hydraulics on the rear axles to adjust for weight.

It would take a good bit of tongue weight to get the mk23s 13,000lb front end off the ground. Even with a M322 or GTTU

JonM934

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have photos AND A VIDEO!

The issue I found is that the M105A2 is not able to get the pintle ring high enough to just drop on the hook of the 7 Ton. It took three of us to lift the trailer and drop it on the hitch. When I took the trailer off the 7 Ton, I stuck some wood under the trailer jack wheel so that it would be high enough next time.

10isBestmm

Tried towing a m1061 a few months ago and the pintle height is a problem.
Bought a m1073 and find its a pretty good fit, like the m1061 but with larger tires and the pintle mates up much better.

Nomadic

I have a Globe GTTU202-30-20 T/A Equipment Trailer.
I went to the classifieds to look for a link to a Globe trailer that I saw a while ago that would be appropriate for the MTVR. The OP of that thread is you, lol. That is a bad ass trailer. I want that trailer along with an MTVR to build a custom habitat on. The trailer looks tough, like it would take a lickin' and keep on ticken' no matter what anybody does to it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks