• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What's an M35A2 worth these days?

mhb285

How much $ & how much rust?
Does it run?
Has it been butchered up? (bobbed, or whatever)
How bad do you want it?
You will be working on it no matter what........ That's what happens......
I paid $1500 12yrs ago for mine from USMC NEBO..........(don't ask how much now....) I like mine still..... $$$$
Just me.
Mike

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
For a DECENT Deuce and what I mean by that is 90% or better tires the body is in good condition with minimal rust, the paint is faded but still there. The glass in intact and the doors open and close as they should. The truck has been kept up with on the service/maintenance schedules. It starts and drives good and the brakes work, the truck is complete and has NOT been butchered, as was said above BOBBED! It should not have an LDS 427 engine in it but it needs to have and LDT 465 and should not be leaking fluids out of the many possible locations, as small drip or two is OK depending on where, if its radiator that is NOT OK that is expensive to replace! With all this said I would expect to pay around 8K to 9K for this truck.
Good luck they are out there for less and then there are some dreamers who want a WHOLE LOT MORE!
KK

kml9705

Asking $6800 with a M105A2 trailer, $6200 without trailer.
Runs (I'll find out how well when I look at it this weekend)
Not butchered, looks stock,
Rust looks about average.

Last edited:

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
$2500-$10,500. Hard to get any closer than that with the information provided....

M105A2's are available all day long in decent shape for $350ish. Figure the transport and titling process is worth another $300 and your have a value of the 105 at $650ish unless it's something special...

Deuce w/w in decent shape, call it $5k. Add for extras, deduct for sprag, damage, rust holes, tire condition, etc.

Last edited:

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Unless you absolutely have to have that trailer, m105s aren't that great and I wouldn't think they are worth much.

Just my opinion of course. Around here a normal deuce would be 5-8thou

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
$4-$6k. Subtract for any deficiencies.

I lot of people like to play with these in the mud. Many of those people don't maintain the bearings and diffs. Evidence of that would cause me to wave off....

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Mud or no mud, if you do not do all the maintenance on it , you're just guessing when it was done(if ever).

Merged with the other similar thread.

Last edited:

Lust4GreenSteel

There is at least one better one in the classifieds here. But shipping to your location might make them cost prohibitive. Never be in too much of a hurry. Another one will come along if this one gets away.

kml9705

I have been looking on and off for a few years and have noticed the prices going up a lot. I have seen them go much cheaper in other parts of the country but they seem to go higher in my region for some reason, 6k - 10k+ for anything derivable and within a reasonable distance.

I don't know how much it would cost to have one shipped and I also wouldn't have the opportunity to inspect it first hand which would make me reluctant to move forward on one.

I have been conversing with the owner via email and I get the impression that he is older and a collector rather than someone who would be out mudding it. It appears he has several military vehicles and at least two M35A2s that he is selling. This one being the cheaper of the two. He wants $7700 for the other one but it comes with the gun ring and a few other options. I'll look at both while I'm there but can't justify the more expensive truck.

I am really not looking to spend this much on one but I figure it doesn't hurt to look and I can get a first hand up close look through one. I have been researching what to look for, problem areas, etc. Which this site has been very helpful with.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
If he is a collector, ask him why it has square front turn signal guards, as most have round ones. I'd be interested to see what he says.

montaillou

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I recently bought my '71 deuce after seriously looking for about a year and casually looking for about 3.

What I learned about prices: If it doesn't run, expect to pay less than $4k depending on how bad it is. I've seen just a rusted frame on shot wheels listed for $500, though I can't say as it sold for that price. If it does run, around $5k or more, again depending on condition, upgrades etc. You get a feel for how much the price is after looking at a few dozen ads/auctions.

I don't think there's such thing as a perfect condition m35a2, there's always something to do. Reminds me of this big bridge that takes so long to paint that as soon as they get done they start up again.

If you live mountain or the west, expect to go further or pay more if you don't. There's certainly more supply in the east, just like there's more people and you don't have to go as far to find running vehicles.

If you're thinking about buying from far away and having it shipped to you:
If you have no time limit (that is, you're willing to wait for the lowest bid and it could be months before they pick it up), figure about ~$1 per mile
If you want it as soon as possible it could be as much as $15/mile, depending on how hard it is to get to.

If you want to get it inspected, call diesel/truck repair shops nearby and ask if they do mobile work - many will. Don't bother talking to regular car mechanics unless you know someone, they likely won't have the experience. A mobile inspection will run you around $200, give or take.

If the deal doesn't feel right, walk away. There will always be another truck out there.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks