• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Whats everybody using in their blasters?

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Man, I wished I had one of you metal bangers down here! Even the simplest chores here result in junk body parts. I used to have a part time job blasting headstones. It seems to me that the heat from blasting would cause the warping of panels. We used a high tech rubber masking when doing the stones and it would turn brown from the heat. I had to learn to take my time so as not to burn off the rubber. If one took their time and didn't get into a hurry on trouble spots, I don't see why panels couldn't be blasted successfully with sand or even black beauty. Like Robert said in a previous post, I've used beach sand too!

da_sgt

That's 100% correct Kenny, its the friction that causes heat, which causes the warpage. The key is knowledge, just like anything else ;-) Most times when discussing sandblasting I assume people have a basic understanding. Just like talking about engine mods, I assume most people have the knowledge. In my thoughts "warping is a "non" issue if you have any experience, my main concern is the health issues :nono: I have seen painters, blasters, and welders who are experts, but still use minimal if any protection :freaked: Thats something that just makes me scratch my head :rolleyes:

Just wondering though :eyes: Seeing as you know how to do stone's maybe you can make one for our buddy "foxhole" :lol:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would love to make one up for him. if you ever get bored, read his Ebay feedback! I found myself doing that just last night. For me it's entertaining, for you it will probably be painful. I'll have my camera at Aberdeen. If I see any of the naglich clan, I'll snap a pic and post it here. You never know when you might cross paths at Disney or something!

da_sgt

Trust Me I read his feedback :banghead: But it was too Late [:(!] When I saw Rick (LH7) left -feedback, I knew I was in trouble! I'm a nice guy most of the time [^] But this guy draws things out so by the time I had a problem, I could'nt leave feedback :banghead: He has his scam together, no Paypal/Credit Cards thus no protection! He said personal check/money order only! Plus he still has that used crap regulator he passed off as NOS, and my $.
Next stop..Better Business Bureau...Than...Small Claims Court...Than...Road Trip :boxer: Dumb Ass is cutting his own throat......

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks