• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

whats in your gas tank?

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Right now my M108 has a conconction of diesel, WVO, used filtered motor oil and used filtered tranny fluid. Umm, good stuff!

oifvet

Steel Soldiers Supporter
For now, until I have better means, I just run commercial grade deisel with Lucas Oil Products fuel stabilizer additive.

saddamsnightmare

March 27th, 2008.

Currently my M35A2 is running 80+% Diesel, 18% regular unleaded, 2% Rotella 15W40 (used), and is seems to like the rotella better then the low Sulpher No.2 diesel straight. When running diesel only I do add Cetane enhancer and stabilizer, and she usually starts at below 32*F in less then two revolutions. If I could locate a legal source of ATF used, I'd be on that in a heartbeat to cut the rotella further.

Sincerely,

Kyle F. McGrogan

1971 Kaiser Jeep M35A2 Wo/W "Saddam's Nightmare" Desert STorm and Vietnam Veteran Deuce
""??"" M105A2 Johnson MFG Co. 1-1/2 Ton Cargo Trailer, MERDC or NATO 4 color Woodland scheme
1963 Swiss Army Cargo Unimog S404.114 Mercedes Benz, NATO green

sermis

Gas, old gas, diesel, 20 year old diesel, power steering fluid, auto trans fluid, used motor oil, mixed boat 2 cycle oil / gas. That’s all I can think of right now.

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Pretty boring...I use only diesel and fuel conditioner only. Does using the other fluids (brake fluid, motor oil, etc.) cause you to need to change your fuel filters more regularly?

sermis

I noticed when I add diesel fuel conditioner I get a lot of gunk in the primary filter and clog it up. I have an old propane tank that I mix everything in and then double filter along with water separator and then put it in the truck.
I found a source for used fresh motor oil for $0.65 per gallon. Just need to go get some.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Straight diesel, with a 5-gallon can of old gasoline thrown in. I also dump in oddball lots of veggie oil (unused, not WVO) and motor oil if I can get a good deal on it (better than current diesel price). I plan on doing something WVO or used motor oil related in the future, but will need to get some proper equipment together for that.

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Diesel and addative, thats it. It's not worth damaging the IP and breaking down on the road away from home, or changing the filters more often that I need to with the "who knows whats in REALLY in there" used oil "fuel"

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm cheap. Heating oil, old gasoline, old diesel, lots of used motor oil, hydruliac oil, veggie oil, castor oil, and about 25-50% diesel. Filter it all and run it. Have to change filters about once a year. Only thing the truck doesn't like is straight gasoline, or too much motor oil(above 70 percent). Been doing it for 3-4 years now, truck runs just the same as always. Figure I've already saved the cost of a new IP head. NO WAY am I going to pay 150.00+ to fill the tank.

Dennis

Speedy

man this is a newbish question :oops:

you guys are using this stuff to feed your Deuces? (only deisel engines?)
are you mixing all this stuff togeather first? someone said there Deuce didnt like straight gas but likes deisel mix (you can run gas in a deisel?)

explain what you guys are doin for a newbie lol. or maybe I should read it agian :shock:

FreightTrain

Banned
I have safely run 100% gasoline before in my deuce.No problems.Normal diesels won't like gas.The deuce has a specially designed engine that introduces a swirling action of the air and fuel mixture.Plus the way the injectors spray the fuel into the Cup in teh piston allows it to vaporize before it ignites.on a regular diesel the injectors fire at around 8 degrees from top dead center.A multifuel is 20-25 degrees(depending on if it is a turbo).Thta extra degrees gives the fuel time to vaporize before compressing enough to explode and start the power stroke.Most of the fuel is more or less slobbered into the cup in the piston where a normal diesel is in a super fine spray.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks