• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Whats the biggest cover/inclosed pintel trailer?

Hooper

I have a 105 but would like some two or three times this size. Do anyone know if they exist and if so the model number?

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Yep because there really isn't anything else. You could say one of the M989 ammo trailers but I've never seen a canvas cover for one (not saying there isn't one, I've never seen one) but that trailer shouldn't be towed by a deuce. You could go with a M1061 but it doesn't have sides--it's a flat bed. There is a system for it that covers it but it's extremely heavy, rare, and tough to deal with. It would also take you from 8 pallet capacity to 6--might as well fab up a trailer using a deuce bed. I've seen some really nice quality jobs by folks out there using deuce beds by using a bolster or just cutting a worn out deuce in half and welding up the hitch area.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
What about the 5t trailer that is used as the base for the laundry trailer, this has bows and a cover.

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
the M1082 and M1095 trailers are a PITA to load without a forklift, and the base of the laundry trailer is the M1061 trailer.

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The problem with bigger trailers is that the deuce is rated to pull a maximum of 10,000 pounds. A fully loaded 105 is 5,000 pounds (actually an MKT is 5700 fully loaded), so once you go over twice the rated load/size of a 105, insurance is not gonna cover you 'if' an accident happens. Read the fine print, if you exceed the 'as manufactured' capacity, the insurance company can put all the blame on you, and will. How deep are your pockets? Enough to pay 10 million or more in a damages suit? And you don't even have to be 'at fault' in a purely technical view with who did what. Once you exceed the as manufactured specifications (GVWR, GVTR), you are on your own, period.

Carlo

The problem with bigger trailers is that the deuce is rated to pull a maximum of 10,000 pounds. A fully loaded 105 is 5,000 pounds (actually an MKT is 5700 fully loaded), so once you go over twice the rated load/size of a 105, insurance is not gonna cover you 'if' an accident happens. Read the fine print, if you exceed the 'as manufactured' capacity, the insurance company can put all the blame on you, and will. How deep are your pockets? Enough to pay 10 million or more in a damages suit? And you don't even have to be 'at fault' in a purely technical view with who did what. Once you exceed the as manufactured specifications (GVWR, GVTR), you are on your own, period.
It hurts to hear this but it needs to be said. Someone needs to remind us there are limits to what we do. Thanks

Hooper

What about a 923, I just sold my A3 for the 923A1

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks