• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Whats wrong now?

OL AG '89

I own a MV therefore eveything I do is slow........
but now I feel like i'm living in the 80's AGAIN and AGAIN and AGAIN......

I loved the 80's......... remember the Hustle???:jumpin:

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Need to figure out a way to bypass Mangus. He's contributed zero as of late. Maybe he went the way of Catlett.
Took me over 30 minutes to get on tonight and the site has been slow all day...but!!!

I would have not expected that comment from you kenny....gosh

Yes...it's very unnerving to not be able to access the site or post in a timely manner...but remember guys...this ain't a paid service.

I don't know what the answer is or I would fix it...but getting personal and just bitching won't get us anywhere:roll:

Last edited:

mangus580

Actually I slowed it all down special for Gimpy - wouldnt want him to flip the server on its side ;-)

for the record - I sent a message to graham shortly after I talked with doghead sunday night - he replied with "its showing a bunch of load"

USUALLY when he says that, he restarts it to fix it. I found out yesterday he didnt. After I spoke with him yesterday, I thought he was going to handle it, and found out this afternoon he hadnt yet.

As of about 18:30 it had been restarted. Now like I said to doghead tonight, I have not seen the slowness when I have been on (granted it hasnt been much the last couple days). Although reading this thread its slower than I would like.

I think we also need to do some hardware upgrades on the server - seems we may be running out of memory...

popacom

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just bypass the "KANEWTER"valve and readjust the muffler bearing.........it WILL double the
memory cap.............unless the Finklestein sensor is worn.....in that case we are screwed!!!

popacom:jumpin:

Last edited:

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
This is like dial up, so 1995!
The bad part is, I'm still on dial up :(. It took me 30min trying to read a PM only to get "database error" :-x.

Wish I had something faster but the cable company wants $2,500 to run cable because I live so far off the road, can't get DSL, cell service sucks, and everybody says Hughes net isn't very good for what it cost. So I just surf in the slow lane.

Seems to be back working at "normal slow" now though.

1stSarge

Just like M16ty, I visit you fine people via dial up. It all seems pretty normal to me. I cant wait till Verizon gets high speed out here to Amishville, Ohio, so I can look at all the video’s on here!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks