• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Whats wrong now?

Atomic

Yes very very slow, but for all the wealth of knowledge on this site I would gladly donate $20 bucks if that would help the problem go away for good. :mrgreen:

Capt.Marion

Looking into it again guys.... please be patient

Thanks for keeping this site going. This is the first problem I've had with it since the transition from the old site, so I guess you know what you're doing!

I seem to remember a post about looking for a replacement since you are also incredibly busy, so extra "THANKS" for taking care of us here!

rlwm211

As I type, it is early evening EDST and the site has slowed to a crawl and has had many multiple minutes to load some pages. I expect bandwidth is the issue and bandwidth costs money.
It also takes time to program and set up additional servers.
I appeciate greatly the work of the moderators in keeping things going and hope that they can get things up to speed for everyone's sake.

RL

StreetbikeDepot

I thought it was just my connection for the last week or so,but I kept noticing that it was only this site.

Its killer SLOW......just took me 4.5 minutes to log in and get to this page!

rwbrown72

Chat is bad...super slow, then ok for a minute then blow up again. Terrorists have taken over.... Maybe Zombies! Yes, I'm sure it is the Zombies.... Time to put "Operation Condor" into effect!!!!!:cookoo:

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
I kept getting the data base error so I'd back up and try again. Guess some of it made it through eh? Oh well, I went back and deleted the stutters. Frustrated Papabear?

Yeah, just a bit.
I understand fully sir...I come on here every day...and night.:confused:

A day with out MV speak / SS is a nonproductive day IMO:-(

Lifer

In Memorial
In Memorial
I fully agree, PB. I'm also on here numerous times a day, starting with my first cup of coffee in the morning all the way through to bedtime. With respect to the current problem, I have also noticed that the site isn't functioning normally for about 2 or 3 weeks, now. I am connected via cable. No dial-up or dsl for me, thank goodness! Even with the cable connection, I find that the site blazes along quite nicely in the morning but begins slowing down noticeably about supper time. By my bedtime, it takes so long to access the site that it almost isn't worth the effort. (Notice that I said "almost" there. I'm still willing to sacrifice a few moments sleep to get connected. ;) )

DieselBob

I find that the site blazes along quite nicely in the morning but begins slowing down noticeably about supper time. By my bedtime, it takes so long to access the site that it almost isn't worth the effort. (Notice that I said "almost" there. I'm still willing to sacrifice a few moments sleep to get connected. ;) )
:ditto:

kurtkds

Heck, I just thought it was the "spared no expense" 128K DSL here at work that was the problem.

Most of the time we run at Dial up speeds anyway. rofl

I guess the site being slow gives me an excuse to get some work done.:-(:-(

zout

I knew I was imagining it all -

But I did a little research and found the web site
www.braindamagedgreenhousegeeks.ak

And found the earth for the last several days has literally spun backwards - its in incremental stages - but then non the less - it went backwards.
So the site has tried to go back in time.

For what they explain this is the reason as well for the high heat on the eastern seaboard and all the other la de da crap.

Gotta go put my barkolounger in the front yard and :beer: and spin backwards a bit.
Does that make my 109 a little younger

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks