• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Whats wrong with this u joint?

KsM715

Yep. no grease fitting= no grease in the joint. Or atleast doesnt look like it has had any put in it in awhile.

dependable

The shiny lugs on u joint indicate some slop in the connection. When you replace the u joint, you should get new hardware (bolts & straps) These are available, just say you want u joint straps for a 84- 86 k-30. Some oem u joints had no grease fittings. If the truck is very high mileage, and has been run with bad u joints, one can add some strips of thin machinist shim stock to take up slack in axel side of yoke. See you are missing zerk , but above is all true.

OLDCHEV4X4

I got it this way from GL. The rear uses external G shaped clips and the front axle ends use the internal C shaped clips. The army put both kinds of clips in and called it good.:???:

Mudstone

is this the same as for the blazer? if so can someone explain this to me. I fear i may have done something wrong on my truck.