• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What's you favorite upgrade?

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Do they survive continued submersion in water? Both bearings and electronics?

ATPTac

I haven't gotten around to installing most of the upgrades we have for our trucks yet. But from driving on 9x20 to 11x20 tires, I would say having bigger tires is a huge improvement. I'm just looking forward to getting the 395's installed and getting the remote reservoir hooked up also. If I end up pulling parts off of our bobber then I'll also have air assist steering to add to the list. I need more time and a place to work on our trucks... :-(

eagle4g63

With so many upgrades on mine, it is hard to say which is the favorite......tops would be the 12volt/24volt alternator(s) upgrade, then the front hitch set up.....followed by LDS....arctic heater system and spin on's (fuel and oil)

Here is a pic of the Delco upgrade......also they can be had brush-less, so they are submersible.....

Attachments

mattgunguy

You are so lucky to have a wife that is into your hobby !!!
My hobby. All I did was stop & show her a M923a2 like I drove in the army. Next thing I know she has us running around the state looking at M35's. Now she's looking for our second truck. She's might be more of a OD junky than I am.

rustystud

My hobby. All I did was stop & show her a M923a2 like I drove in the army. Next thing I know she has us running around the state looking at M35's. Now she's looking for our second truck. She's might be more of a OD junky than I am.
Lucky B@stard !!!!! My wife gets pissed off if just buy some bolts for my truck. "Do you really need to waste money on that thing ? " sigh :(

Last edited:

ntxcop

Where to start.... I think my favorite upgrade would have to be the 395's (including the adapter plates from Peashooter). But I've done so much to my truck since buying it off a ranch 60 miles south of San Antonio, it's hard to pick just one.

Here's some picture of what it looked like when I bought it and what it looks like today!

IMG_0540[1].jpgphoto 1.jpgCIMG0298.jpg2014-03-07 15.17.39.jpg

Last edited:

ATPTac

Lucky B@stard !!!!! My wife gets pissed off if just buy some bolts for my truck. "Do you really need to waste money on that thing ? " sigh :(
My wife is almost just as into MV's as I am. She wants her own truck (a M37), and she helps me with work on ours. She was packing bearings and cleaning parts when I was servicing the front axle. She also loves going on recoveries too. It's been great not having to explain why I want/need this part or that part, usually its "yeah, that's a good deal, you should get it".

Last edited:

cobra5

My wife is almost just as into MV's as I am. She wants her own truck (a M37), and she helps me with work on ours. She packing bearings and cleaning parts when I was servicing the front axle. She also loves going on recoveries too. It's been great not having to explain why I want/need this part or that part, usually its "yeah, that's a good deal, you should get it".
Your wife sounds like mine when it comes to buying or driving but not so much when it comes to helping with the maintenance.

m-35tom

Supporting Vendor
it's a tie between power steering and air conditioning. i have no idea anymore what it's like to NOT have power steering, i put it on all my trucks for the past 18 years.
tom