• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

wheel drag then the axle shaft pushed the cap off the hub

m816

We had a fiveton in the shop this year. The axel failed like your deuce. however it was caused by the balls coming out of the yoke.When that happened, it lodged in between the yoke and the axel housing itself. We were trying to get it back to the shop when the thing froze completely and blew the tire and exploded the whole thing. I eventually replaced the complete axel housing and all. We ran it by the guru's at memphis and they said to check the yoke for grouves in it from the balls if they are deep the the axel needs to be changed. We also took the time to replace the inner seal in the housing. ( use a long pipe and drive it out from the other side of the axel, it nearly impossible to remove it with a puller)

dangerfieldinc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks for the info I had just had both axels apart doing a complete seal and wheel bearing previntive maintenance replaced seals and greased CV joint I did notice some wear groves in yoke

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks