• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

When do you hate your 5 ton !

rrrr

Don't get me wrong, I really like my M932A1. I just got all the bugs worked out except 3 leaky tires. But there has got to be times when you wish ........

Anyway, I hate my 5 ton when; I pull up to the diesel pump. After driving my Deuce around for a year and getting 9-10 mpg, this 5 ton is not going to be as forgiving. 25 gallons, $90, and only a 1/2 tank in one of my tanks !

I hate my 5 ton when; I go through the TM's and the info is just not there !
The Deuce TM's are works of art in comparison.

I hate my 5 ton when; it needs a part. I spent 1/2 a day trying to locate the failsafe brake/air warning system control box. Only one vendor had it !

Now, would I give up my 5 ton ........ HE** NO !!!

When I pulled into the gas station a guy with a new Chevy crew diesel lifted 4x4 was there filling up. He had to pick up his jaw off the concrete when he saw me pull in :twisted::twisted::twisted: One of those memorable MV moments :mrgreen:

YES, SIZE DOES MATTER !!

m816 someday

:-Di have a m543a2 so whenever i have to pick up any of the accessorises or parts i have to say to myself "I LOVE MY 5 TON---I LOVE MY 5 TON''.:mrgreen:

Bighurt

- Fuel pump isn't kind
- Registration isn't either
- Everything seams to weigh double the same component on a Duece.

treessw

Love My M818!!!! Hate the weight of the parts!!!! They weigh a ton!! Or atleast the ones I have to lift and install by myself:mrgreen:

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
There NEVER has been a "I hate my 5t" moment, I can SIT under it while working on it, parts are real parts, designed to do a REAL JOB, you can walk away from a 5t landing, front bumper is high enough that it gets the wheel chock at window level to help it roll under for good roll prevention, It is BIG, LOUD with no muffler, can be OVERLOADED on top of being overloaded, can PARK pretty much anywhere needed if need be, no matter pretty much what is in the parking space already, and another 100 reasons why I could NEVER HATE my 5t :beer:

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
I love my 5 ton, even though my wife and the checking account do not share my enthusiasm. That is why I am doing my swap to a more common engine so that parts are cheaper and I can run down to any parts house and get an engine part instead of having to wait on UPS.

vtdeucedriver

There NEVER has been a "I hate my 5t" moment, I can SIT under it while working on it, parts are real parts, designed to do a REAL JOB, you can walk away from a 5t landing, front bumper is high enough that it gets the wheel chock at window level to help it roll under for good roll prevention, It is BIG, LOUD with no muffler, can be OVERLOADED on top of being overloaded, can PARK pretty much anywhere needed if need be, no matter pretty much what is in the parking space already, and another 100 reasons why I could NEVER HATE my 5t :beer:
Im gonna buy you a drink some day!!!!:beer:

To the rest of you..................."if you cant play with the big dogs, get off the porch"

wdbtchr

I've never needed to hate my 5 tons, so far only miner problems. I'm glad it's an ole 5 ton multi-fuel everytime I pump WMO in the tank.:roll:

sandcobra164

When I recover one, get it running and road ready, and it doesn't leave the yard for over a year. Other than that, well built trucks, parts are too dang heavy, and no lift pump to disguise old fuel lines. As for feeding a 4 to 5 mpg truck, it's just part of the hobby, get a Deuce (10 mpg) or a CUCV (15-20 mpg depending on Pickup or Blazer) and easier parking. Try parking a Wrecker!!! I do like cruising at 55 MPH while only turning 2100 rpm's. They get there a little slower but sound so much more comfortable at road speed where as my Deuce's transfer whines like crazy and my pickup CUCV sounds like he's wide open at that speed. 5 Tons are a love hate thing, lets not even mention starting my old 5 ton with a NHC 250 when it's below 50 out!!! It takes just over a minute.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks