• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

When it rains, it pours!

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, I've been watchin' GL, lots of 105s and the like at Barstow and Pendelton, so I got my eye on a few. Today at 12:15, bigmike calls me. Says there's a guy in Monrovia that is giving away a 105! The ad was on Craigs List, and he posted it at 12:14. So I call him at 12:17 and convince him to hold it for me, turns out he's 2 block from my house. In the mean time, I bid on a 105 at the Barstow GL that has front, both sides, bows and 2 racks on the side with the new style landing gear. It ends at 1500. I'm already stoked about the trailer in my “back yard”. I hang at work so I can watch the GL bid, 1500 comes, no bids! So I win a sweet 105 at GL! I start for home and decide to call the guy that has the trailer around the corner from me to let him know that I’m on my way home and will be there in 30 or so mins. He says some guy called, and after being told that it’s gone already gets an offer of $200.00 but tells me to come on by and look at it and see if I wanna give him the same. I don’t say a word other than, I’ll be there an a bit. I decided to go home and get the deuce and was gonna give him a guilt trip for saying it was a freebee and now wanting to sell it ‘cause he got an offer AFTER we had a deal. Well, I pull up, his kids are there and go nutz over the truck. Gave them a ride around the block and let them wear a kevlar and a vest and before you know it, I now have TWO M 105s! I know, it’s white, but put your beer goggles on and imagine it 4 color MERDC! :wink: I told my wife about the free trailer, haven’t told her about the GL win yet…she was OK with the freebee, she’s gonna KMA about the other one! Oh well, with a few tarps, the trailers will make a nice 1 room apartment! :roll:

Attachments

littlebob

After looking at the Trailer poll a few days ago, I realize I need to get some more. I bought the M51 shelter with the thought I could do like wreckerman and gut it for the trailer, but I won't know if I will do that yet till I finish my DEUCE and have time to look at it closer. If I kind find deals like You I need to both.
littlebob

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
Congradulations, that is great news.
M105's are one of the best trailers the Army ever bought. Every landscape guy eyes mine with envy when we load it with mulch or horse manure.

I got mine at a Fort Hood DRMO auction just after getting back from Desert Storm. They had dozens of them and in those days you could talk to the other bidders there and when we found out each of us only wanted one each we let the bidding end at $100.00 so we each got one for that price. No EUC, extra payment for registration SF97 and friendly folks too. Mine had just been serviced with brand new tires two tarps all the bows and fresh paint.

key-largo

Will, it looks like both mhb285 and I won M105A2 trailers at the GL auction in Barstow as well today. These may come in handy for the California Rally.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
All this M105 talks reminds me of my activities today. I was watching a lot of 105s at Chambersburg and had bid on 2 decent ones. Today (Tuesday) I wake up to find that someone has outbid me on both trailers. I checked the bid history and it's the same guy. So I'm not a greedy person, I bid one up to my max of about $200. I'm still outbid by his proxy so I move to the other trailer and start bidding on that one. It too went over $200 via his proxy so I give up on those and look at some other low bid trailers. Each one I bid on he had also bid on. Now I'm thinking this dude is greedy. I bid on one trailer after another and I was outbid on each and every one. Needless to say, I got nothing from Chambersburg which is OK, it's a long ride. On the other hand this guy got a little over 18 trailers and not one for under $200.

ida34

I got one from Columbus. I figure the difference in gas money to go get them means I can spend more for one closer. I did see that some of the trailers at Chambersburg did go for under $100.

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Kenny, He goes, "this isn't a bad deal for $200 don't cha think?? " I only said, well, that's not what we talked about, gave the kids a ride, then it was done. The GL trailer went for $60.00.

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I bid on a 105 at the Barstow GL that has front, both sides, bows and 2 racks on the side with the new style landing gear. It ends at 1500. I'm already stoked about the trailer in my “back yard”. I hang at work so I can watch the GL bid, 1500 comes, no bids! So I win a sweet 105 at GL!
Dang, for a minute there I thought you meant you bid $1500 for a 105. I wasn't surprised that you didn't get a competing bid! Then, I figured out you meant the time, as in 3 PM! I was going to buy a few at Chambersburg yesterday and sell them to you for a grand a piece :)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks