• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Where to buy D-ring shackles

epitts

So where can I get the bumper shackles for a M1009 or the pins? I have three shackles and two are missing the pins. Tractor supply did not have nor did Rual King. HELPThanks

ralbelt

i made mine, took a solid shaft cut to size, stack welded two washers on one end, drilled a hole on the other. Ground down the welds and painted.

3dAngus

Tractor supply should have some 1" and 3/4" pins, but not exact replacements. they also have a close resemblence of the same shackle.
The 1" pins are rated at 25,000 pounds. Even so, I would just use them as a decoration on your bumper due to the unknowns.
I would only use good condition mil-spec pins for towing that came with the towbars. Not sure of your intended application.

Search Results

I should say though, tractors rear lift or 3 point hitch that use some of these pins, are capable of verticle lift greater than your Deuce weight, so I don't dismiss these pins as being weak or poor quality if they go on a tractor hitch. It's just that it becomes an unknown and I stay in my own personal comfort zone when using matching mil spec parts. These hitch parts aren't comparable to Harbor Freight, IMO, and much better quality.

Last edited:

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
I have about 8 or 10 left for $10 each which includes pins. Buy 2 and it's a medium flat rate box, buy 4 and it's a large.

Downside is I am completely overwhelmed at work right now. I am hoping to get free for the next two weekends but after that, I will be travelling and will probably not be free for nearly a month based on my current schedule.

Dirtflirt

D rings

I have about 8 or 10 left for $10 each which includes pins. Buy 2 and it's a medium flat rate box, buy 4 and it's a large.

Downside is I am completely overwhelmed at work right now. I am hoping to get free for the next two weekends but after that, I will be travelling and will probably not be free for nearly a month based on my current schedule.
Carnac, any chance you still have any D rings I just need 2 but could be persuaded to buy 4.
thank you in adv.

Dirt