• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Where to drain coolant.

Skinny

Sometimes you want to recover as much fluid as possible because it doesn't need to be changed yet and/or because it is expensive. The MityVac wins here, they are awesome. Seriously, not every place you do repairs likes having antifreeze spill everywhere. I have to do oil changes in the parking lot of my apartment complex. I change it like a surgeon because a few drops of oil can be spotted and cause me grief.

That's a harsh statement towards another Steel Soldiers member based on him wanting to use a drain valve.

cucvrus

I have large HD fiberglass drain pans that fit under the trucks. They catch every thing that comes out. And what don't get caught the steam washer and shop vac takes care of. Happy Holidays. And I was being fascias. But that is how I do it. I drill a hole in the freeze plug with the air drill and let it drain over night.