• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Where to get new injectors or rebuild kit?

97duallystroker

I'd like to know where you guys find new injectors at have been searching forever and can't find them. Or at least a rebuild kit I have a flow bench here and can rebuild just about any injector.

cattlerepairman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, there is a big machine company in China that makes AMBAC compatible parts. http://www.chinahanji.com/01_hd90100.htm
I used their hydraulic head (works) and their injector nozzles (work) on an LDT-465.
Someone here with more technical knowledge bench tested the assemblies and they checked out fine. I did not spend the time to search for the thread.
I was hesitant to order from China but their customer service was friendly and the parts showed up, as promised.

You may be able to round up some NOS stuff on occasion here. Some people hate the thought of purchasing items from overseas that were made from US based dog food cans and recycled military trucks.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Taylor Diesel in Memphis would be a good place. They do all the work for Memphis Equipment.

or Ed York at Memphis Equipment can sell you some.

frank8003

In Memorial
In Memorial
Somebody here was just lately selling boxes of them at 20 bucks each.
I even made comments about that but pressed for expendable time I can not search now.

rustystud

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Single.

I've got 4 sets reserved. The single vs double hole is just less particulate, I'm not going to waste my time swapping out the tips.

A Blind Man

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Single.

I've got 4 sets reserved. The single vs double hole is just less particulate, I'm not going to waste my time swapping out the tips.
I thought the double hole helped with the multifuel portion of the engine, spraying some of the fuel into the cup on the piston to help it burn slower for fuels more viscous than diesel?

A Blind Man

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If so, since I have done the FDC bypass and pretty much only burn diesel fuel, switching to a single hole shouldn't be a problem, should it?
Yeah, should be good then... Although as I think about it who would want to run gasoline or avgas when WMO and veg are plentiful.

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I thought the double hole helped with the multifuel portion of the engine, spraying some of the fuel into the cup on the piston to help it burn slower for fuels more viscous than diesel?
I thought that also but all I could find in the TM's was about the calibration. One would think you would get better atomization with two holes and more fuel oil on the piston cup walls. Do what ever you think is right your truck.

Last edited:

frank8003

In Memorial
In Memorial
Phooey 1142017.
The "diesel" pumped from the pump NOW resembles little of the diesel
that was that which she was made to run with, sorta kinda resembles it a "little bit".

m715

I bought a set of injectors from Derek, they are new one hole tips. They come with the copper washers as well. He has a great price and soon as I remember to send him payment I will get six more.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks